The 8thAnnual JY Joyner 5K Run/Walk
May 19th, 2019 at 2pm
JY Joyner Elementary School’s 5K Run/Walk aims to teach kids about the benefits of making healthy lifestyle choices –- and raises money to fund annual programs for our 700+ student body. Over the past five years, more than 3,500 race participants have helped fund PTA sponsored programs such as:
- Character education
- Battle of the Books
- Campus beautification
- Science Go Round
- First in Fitness
- technology updates
- upgrading multi-media equipment…and so much more
Sign-up here to volunteer at the race.
Pre-Race Packet Pick-Up and Onsite Registration
- When: Saturday, May 18th, 1-4 p.m.
- Where: Omega Sports – North Hills (near Ben & Jerry’s and movie theater)
- Pre-race packet pick-up will begin promptly at 1 p.m., not before.
- You can only pick up race packets for your family – no exceptions.
- We have ordered a limited number of extra t-shirts for families who missed the t-shirt deadline.
- These shirts are first come, first served. We are unable to exchange shirt sizes. Onsite registration will accept cash or check only.
Race Day Packet Pickup
- When: Sunday, May 19th, 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Where: Dorothea Dix Park
- You may only pick up race packets for your family.
- We are unable to exchange shirt sizes.
- There will also be a short window for race day registration. Cash or check only.
Race Day Activities
- 12:30 p.m. – Race day registration and packet pickup begin. Cash or check only.
- 1:00 p.m. — Race day activities open
- 1:30 p.m. – Kid warm-up by race sponsor 12th State CrossFit
- 1:45 p.m. – National anthem and race announcements
- 2:00 p.m. – Race starts!
- 3:30 p.m. – Event ends
- There are no restrooms available along the race route.
- We do not allow scooters on the course. Strollers and wheelchairs are allowed.
- Water will be available along the route for race participants. There will also be water and fruit available for participants as they cross the finish line.
- Preferred entrance – coming soon!
- Parking information – coming soon!
- Bathroom information – coming soon!
While 5K Run/Walk registration proceeds cover the cost of the race, that is not the primary source of income for this fundraiser – that income comes exclusively from sponsorships and Classroom Challenge dollars. Sponsorships starts at $250 and go up to our Presenting Sponsor level of $5,000, with several levels in between.
Sponsoring the Joyner 5K Run/Walk is a great opportunity for local businesses to get marketing access to the Joyner community. See our 2019 JYJ 5K Run/Walk sponsor info sheet for details on sponsor benefits.
Becoming a sponsor is a perfect way for JYJ families to support our school. Check out the 2019 JYJ 5K Run/Walk sponsor info sheet and add your support to this great event! For more information on how to support the JY Joyner 5K Run/Walk, please contact Katie Catlin at 714-914-3088 or email@example.com
Collections for the Classroom Challenge are happening every morning in the front lobby and the carpool loop starting May 6th thru May 17th. Bring your spare change (or bills) and contribute! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! SIGN UP HERE
Construction on the Greenway has impacted this year’s Running Club. Please practice with your family to prepare for the 5k. We will bring back Running Club as soon as the Greenway construction is complete.