The annual Night of Nonsense & Food Truck Frenzy combines a variety of local food trucks with a hilarious evening of skits performed by the Joyner teachers and staff. This event is a fun night of silliness, sweets and savory treats for the whole JYJ family — and your friends and neighbors! Bring money for food trucks, but the event is free.
What: Joyner Night of Nonsense & Food Truck Frenzy
When: Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Food Truck Frenzy: 4:45 – 7:45 p.m. (trucks accept cash & credit)
- Nonsense Show: 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. – ALWAYS FREE & ALWAYS FUN! Thanks in advance to all the Joyner staff and teachers for creating a fun show for us every year. If you’ve never been, just trust us — you don’t want to miss this show!
Where: Food trucks in the carpool lane/loop, seating in the cafeteria, show under the overhang next to the carpool loop.
Parking: Good luck! Parking is limited, so please walk/carpool if you can.
Bring: Money for food trucks and a picnic blanket if you’d like to eat outside. Bring your friends and neighbors. And your children.
Who are the trucks?
We have a few savory trucks and sweet vendors booked so far. Menus — including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options — will be sent out closer to the date. ALL have agreed to donate 5% of their evening proceeds to our PTA.
How can we get more trucks?!
Help us bring out as many food trucks as possible by RSVPing to the Facebook event. The more RSVPs we get, the more food trucks we can invite! If you plan to buy dinner at the Food Truck Frenzy before the Night of Nonsense show, PLEASE RSVP HERE. More trucks to be announced based on Facebook RSVPs! If you are not on Facebook, you can rsvp via email to Jen at email@example.com.
How can I help?
We don’t really need too many volunteers, thanks to the teachers and staff taking care of so much (and because Jen Schrage is so awesome). But there are still a few ways you can help out.
- Let Jen Schrage know if you and/or your artistic child want to make posters to advertise the event around school. Just use the information above to create a poster.
- We need volunteers to bring recycling bins to the event.
- Carpool to the event! It will help with parking
- Please watch your children during the event! Teachers will be busy putting on an amazing show.
- At the end of the event, grab a chair or two to bring back to the storage shed.
Look forward to seeing you all there!!
Visit Joyner’s YouTube channel to see videos of past performances.