Show some teacher/staff love this Friday
For our early release day this Friday, we’re celebrating our teachers and staff. This month’s Appreciation theme is “Our teachers are something to write about!” Don’t forget your classroom’s designated staff member when helping your child prepare a handwritten note to celebrate teachers and staff. Room parents can access the teachers’ Favorite Things forms in the files section of the room parent hub to share with your class as needed. (Here’s the schedule for the year, in case you like to think ahead.)
Get ready to Jamboree!
The Joyner Jamboree is this Friday, from 5:30-8 p.m. Plan to join us for food, fun, games and Spanish dancing! Today is the last day to get your advance wristband at school — the PTA will be in the front lobby this morning (Wednesday) selling wristbands for $5. Wristbands will also be available for purchase at the event. The Jamboree is free, but you’ll need cash for food/treats (Chick-Fil-A, Moe’s and Pelican’s Snoballs) and your child will need a wristband to access special activities like the bounce house, tumble track and haunted hallway. Sign up to volunteer — there are lots of options and each shift is only an hour. While you’re there, please take pictures and send your high-resolution files to email@example.com soon after the event.
Spirit night on skates
Join with friends and classmates at our next spirit night on Oct. 22 at United Skates of America (2901 Trawick Road, Raleigh). The entire $3 admission fee (which includes skate rental fees) will be donated back to Joyner.
Sharpen your scissors for Box Tops
It’s time to turn in your Box Tops for Education. Fall collection week runs from Oct. 19-23 and is an easy way to contribute to Joyner. Send in clipped Box Tops to your child’s teacher using collection sheets or ziploc bags. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents to the PTA, so every little bit helps. The class that collects the most will win a pizza party. Just bring clipped Box Tops for Education to your child’s teacher using collection sheets or a sealed bag. The class that collects the most will win a pizza party. Watch this quick video for tips on how to collect more Box Tops.
A few repeat reminders…
- Reflections contest entries — using the theme Let Your Imagination Fly! — are due to Mr. Del by Oct. 30.
- Yearbook cover designs — drawn on 8.5 x 11 paper in portrait orientation — should be submitted to classroom teachers by Oct. 30. Winners will be featured on WJYJ.
- Reply to the communications survey to let us know how we’re doing and what we can do to improve.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog: “Look Up!”
- Joyner PTA blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- October lunch menu
- Oct. 15: Last day to buy State Fair tickets online with proceeds to Joyner (Use the Joyner code — 456 — in the membership field and click submit on the ticket page. Joyner will receive $2 per adult admission ticket and $1 per child ticket you purchase. )
- Oct. 16: Teacher Appreciation and early release
- Oct. 16: Jamboree
- Oct. 22: Spirit night at United Skates of America
- Oct. 23: End of 1st quarter
- Oct. 26: Teacher workday
Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article on the PTA website. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.