Brand new video contest — leg warmers optional
To get everyone ready for the annual Healthy Choice Marathon, we’re launching a new video contest! Students are invited to create a 30-second video showcasing themselves — with or without JYJ friends — doing their favorite healthy activity. Ideas include dancing, playing sports, running, jumping, stretching… show us whatever you love to do to stay healthy! Selected videos will appear on the JYJ News, and six students (three K-2nd grade and three 3rd-5th grade) will be asked to appear onstage during the HCM Kickoff Assembly on Friday, Feb. 5! Submit your video via email anytime NOW through Feb. 1 to Kate Sonawane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On a related topic… the JYJ Running Club, which get students excited for the 5K, is in need of a co-chair. Please contact Shanna Schroeder at email@example.com if you’re interested in helping with this great program.
Magnet application period open now
Families interested in attending a Wake County magnet school now have an additional week to complete the online application. The application deadline has been extended to Jan. 29. Visit the WCPSS website for details about what magnet options are available to you, how students are selected and what the timeline is for notifications.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- January lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Jan. 29: Magnet application period closes
- Feb. 1: Video contest deadline
- Feb. 5: Healthy Choice Marathon kick-off
- Feb. 12: Early release
- Feb. 15: Teacher workday
- Feb. 18: Registration for TEK enrichment clubs
- March 4: Early release
- March 6: JYJ 5K
- April 21: JY Joyner Foundation Gala at 7 p.m. at the Merrimon-Wynne House