It’s time to register your child for the JYJ Run Club!
Run Club goes hand in hand with the Healthy Choice Marathon and Classroom Challenge. The club meets each Thursday from 3-4 p.m. for the four weeks leading up to the 5th Annual JYJ 5K Run/Walk. The 2016 Run Club dates are Feb. 11, 18 and 25 and March 3.
Volunteers pick up kids on campus at JYJ and escort them to the Kiwanis Park where the kids stretch, move and run or walk on the greenway. Parents pick up their runners promptly at 4 p.m. or sign a release for them to be delivered to the JYJ after-school program.
The JYJ Run Club is free and open to all JYJ kids. It is fueled entirely by the efforts of parent volunteers. Last year more than 260 kids and 50 parents participated — it’s a great time for everyone involved!
PLEASE READ these key details for this year that are different from last year:
- Each parent is expected to volunteer twice, if possible. Please see the link to register as a volunteer. Volunteers are not required to run.
- Online registration only.
- Registration closes each week on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. — if your child is not on the list on Tuesday at 9 a.m., they CANNOT attend that week
- You only need to register your child once to attend all four meetings
- Club organizers will send out a weekly email on Wednesdays to confirm the kids who are registered for that week
Registration for your child:
Please feel free to contact the awesome Run Club team with any questions…
2016 Run Club Co-Chairs
Fraley Marshall – firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Jones – email@example.com
Elizabeth Jordan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shanna Schroeder – email@example.com