*March 16- March 27th- WCPSS will be closed
We understand everyone has questions about school events, Original Works, Curriculum Night, etc. We will continue to keep you informed as updates and information are available. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time. Stay well!
Yearbook Orders – Deadline ExtendedWe have extended the deadline for online orders of the yearbook. Click here to reserve your copy today. Base price is $16.00 with add-on options available.Link to Order: www.ybpay.lifetouch.com ID code: 10746720
Update from Ms. Zezza:
Dear JYJ Families,
As you know we will continue to follow the district and states directives in regards to school, academics and any events at this time. I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank every parent, student and staff member that has gone above and beyond to continue to support families in need. It truly has been a beautiful story of our community and we could not support one another without you. I am pretty sure Costco knows our school family well now. We even had some of our JYJ’s pick up items donated from their neighbors in wagons for delivery. If that doesn’t speak the heart of our JYJ family I don’t know what does. If you are a family in need, please feel free to reach out to our school staff to see how we can help.
Parents Wake counties SSA nomination window for Joyner is March 23-March 27. The nomination forms are on the WCPSS website under the academics tab, then go to the AIG tab and click SSA. Parents can nominate their students during this week only. Forms must be turned in to Julie Frederick. Please email her too if you are nominating your child or if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep you informed if this information changes with our current school closings. Please note that you can mail or send this through PDF to email@example.com.
Again we thank all of our families, students and staff for the support this past week. We hope you are able to spend some restful time with your families and know that we are here to support you in the days moving forward as one school family.
- March 19: Curriculum Night – CANCELLED
- March 23: Student Led Conferences – CANCELLED
We will keep you updated with any expected changes to these upcoming events:
- March 31: School Picture Day
- March 31: JYJ Dine Out and Spirit Night at Firenza Pizza, 5-9 p.m.
- April 23: Student Led Conferences
- April 25: Joyner 5K, 3:00 p.m.
- April 30: Joyner Foundation Spring Party, 7:30 p.m. (Venue: Whitaker & Atlantic)
- May 14: Night of Nonsense
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.