Joyner’s Remote Learning Website:https://sites.google.com/wcpss.net/joyner-jaguars/home
Student Item Pickup – Thursday, June 4th
Thursday, June 4th we will have a drive through pick up in our carpool loop for all item’s students left behind at school. These items include report cards, school supplies in student’s desks/cubbies, artwork and more.
Student items can be picked up during the following times:
- 9-10: Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st
- 10-11: 2nd and 3rd grade
- 11-12: 4th and 5th grade
*If you family has a child in more than one grade level please select the time within this time frame that fits you best and we will be sure to pull all of your family’s items together.
Original Works Update
Original Works has started to re-open with a limited staff and they are accepting orders at this time. If you had already sent in your child’s Original Works order before school let out on March 13th, you are all set. It is packed and ready to ship to Original Works this week.
If you haven’t ordered and would like to order products from your child’s artwork, you have two options.
- Option 1: Drop off your paper order form with payment and your child’s artwork during the “Drive Thru Joyner Pick-Up” this Thursday, June 4th. We will process orders and ship them to OW Friday morning. Finished products will be shipped back to the school in late June and we will arrange pick-up at that time.
- Option 2: Order Original Works products online. Click here to get a step by step guide on how to order. The most important step is to include “JYJ” in the 2nd address line for your online order. Online order products will be shipped directly to your home.
If you have other artwork, pictures or photos that you would like to see on Original Works products, you are welcome to submit those in addition to or instead of the artwork your child created in Art class.
Original Works expects our orders to be completed by late June, as they are working with a limited staff and new protocols. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Julie Poyer at email@example.com.
5th Grade Virtual CelebrationFifth Grade families – We want to make sure that you saw the message in the 5th grade hub about the Fifth grade students and families virtual celebration on Thursday, June 11th at 7:00 p.m. This is hosted by 5th grade parents. For more information contact Meredith and Russ Swindell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA Leadership Opportunities for 2020-2021 School Year
Does this extended absence from Joyner have you missing your school community? Have you been considering getting more involved in your child’s school experience? Do you have a passion for improving elementary school for ALL of Joyner’s students? There is a PTA position with your name on it!
Check out these important PTA openings available for the next school year:
- Vice President
- Grounds Restoration & Improvement Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Membership and No-Fuss Fundraiser Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Girls on the Run Lead
- Odyssey of the Mind Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Science Olympiad Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Spelling Bee Chairperson
- Spirit Nights Chairperson
Contact Andrew Jones at email@example.com or 919.332.9882 with questions or if you are interested in learning more about any of the following positions. We appreciate your consideration and support!
Virtual Field Trip – Insider Look at the US Census Bureau
Your children don’t have to leave home to get an insider’s view of the U.S. Census Bureau and learn how census data is collected and used. This virtual field trip is an entertaining, fast-moving video that takes viewers on a mission to discover details about the Census Bureau’s work and features insights and demonstrations from geography and data visualization experts.
At the close of the video, viewers are challenged to test their knowledge with an interactive quiz show. Add to the fun by watching the video with the kids in your home and taking the quiz together!
Joyner Foundation’s Virtual Silent Auction & Raffle
The Joyner Foundation is committed to our school and our community, and we are holding our annual silent auction and raffle to raise necessary funds to maintain Joyner’s staffing and academic programming for the 2020-2021 school year. We are thankful to all of the businesses and individuals who have donated items in support of our school.
The auction and raffle are all online. It opens this Thursday, June 4th at 10:00am and closes June 11th at 10:00pm. You must register to participate.
Text joyner2020 to 76278 or visit https://joyner2020.givesmart.com
Descriptions and photos of all items are on our auction site for you to see when it opens. Auction items include: teacher experiences; jewelry; beach weekends; gift cards to restaurants, spas, and retail stores; kids’ activities; and professional services just to name a few.
There are six baskets full of awesome items valued between $200-400. Raffle tickets are $15, and they are available on our auction site as well as photos and descriptions of the baskets’ items. We will pull winners for each basket on June 11th.
Stay tuned to our emails, Instagram, and Facebook for updates and more information!
Thank you for your support of the Joyner Foundation!
WCPSS – Free Meals for Children A number of schools and community centers will serve as food distribution sites for Wake County families. There are three types of food offerings:
- WCPSS food sites: hot lunches for the day and breakfast for the next day (available for all children aged 18 and under)
- Western region sites: at least one meal (available for all children aged 18 and under)
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Mobile Market: pre-packed boxes of perishable and shelf-stable food items available
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.