During this time all students will remain learning remotely until mid-February. No in-person classes will be held.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- WAKE Up and Read Book Drive
- Navigating Social Interactions – Q&A with JYJ Support Team
- WCPSS Magnet Middle School Options
- JYJ Foundation Annual Silent Auction
- Calendar Reminders
WAKE Up and Read Book Drive
We are excited to partner with WAKE Up and Read to support building home libraries for kids across our district. Two boxes have been placed outside of the front entrance of our school. We will be reporting weekly totals on the WJYJ news so stay tuned. Families may drop off new or gently used books for kids.
The winning group with the most books collected will get a read-aloud from a special guest and a shoutout on the WJYJ news. Each year Joyner makes one of the largest contributions to putting priceless literature in children’s hands across Wake County. We are excited to take action as a school family and give back to others in our local community.
WAKE Up and Read Book Drive will go until February 28th.
Families can tag us @joyner_magnet_elementary on our Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook page! #JoynerStrong #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #WUARBookDrive
Join the Joyner student support team to answer questions and discuss navigating social interaction for your child in a socially distanced world. We’re offering two sessions (morning and afternoon) to be accommodating to busy schedules.
- Session #1 Thurs 01/28 at 8:30am
- Session #2 Thurs 01/28 at 12:30pm
Join code in email
Explore Wake County’s Magnet Middle Programs
*Accepting online magnet applications now through January 28, 2021. Visit magnet.wcpss.net/apply to learn more and to complete the process.
WCPSS Links: Magnet School Application & Detail
Mark your calendars: The Joyner Foundation is hosting our Annual Silent Auction on Thursday, April 22, 2021! We are excited to be organizing this event for another year in support of our loved Joyner Elementary. There are immediate ways for you to get involved and support this effort!
Help us Secure Our Silent Auction Themed Baskets
We are again collecting and creating some great themed baskets to be raffled off as part of the event. We have appreciated your generous donations and support in pulling these baskets together in years past and would love help at any level you are able to provide for this year’s baskets.
- We have set up an Amazon Wishlist and from the Wishlist, you can order and ship items directly to us to be used in any of these baskets. Click to find our Amazon Wishlist: JYJ Foundation Silent Auction Basket.
- We are also adding an option to donate through Venmo for some selected items and just general donations to be used towards any basket. All Venmo donations can be sent to @Katie-Cork. Please remember to include with all Venmo donations the selected Themed Basket and the item you wish to donate towards (refer to the basket signups linked below and in the JY Joyner Memberhub for specific items) or just note “General Basket Donation” and we will fill in the gaps!
- We also love when families have other new items to donate to fill these baskets! If you have something additional you’d like to contribute please email Katie Cork (contact info in email) to coordinate pickup/drop-off.
Signups and details on the items for each Themed Baskets can be found in the JY Joyner Memberhub and under Signups or through the links below:
- Movie Night Basket
- Kids Fun Basket
- Dad’s Day Out Basket
- Mom’s Day Out Basket
- Foodie Basket
- Parents Night Out Basket
We thank you all so much for your continued support of the Joyner Foundation this year! For any questions regarding the Themed Baskets, please contact Katie Cork (contact info in email).
- January 20- 3rd Quarter Begins/Second Semester Begins
- January 20- 1st Grade Supply Pickup 11:30-12:30 p.m.
- January 20 – 3rd Grade Supply Pickup 1-2 p.m.
- January 21- Kindergarten Supply Pickup 1-2 p.m.
- January 21- PTA Executive Board Meeting 7:30 p.m.
- February 3- Asynchronous Day
- February 24- Asynchronous Day
- March 10- Asynchronous Day
- March 11- Asynchronous Day
- April 14- Asynchronous Day
- May 5- Asynchronous Day
- May 26- Asynchronous Day