Reminder: Wednesday, March 24th is an Asynchronous Day. No students will report to school today.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- Spring Virtual Curriculum Night this Week
- Women’s History Month- Let’s Celebrate our JYJ’s!
- JYJ Library Wishlist
- Before and After School Care Program Information
- Care Center Protocol
- Joyner PTA and Foundation Updates
- Calendar Reminders
Spring Virtual Curriculum Night
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our Spring Virtual Curriculum Night this week on Wednesday, March 24 (3rd-5th grade & Specialists). This Curriculum Night will have 3-5 grade level math & specialist focus for parents to learn strategies to help support their children at home. Google Meet Links
Thank you to all of our families who attended our first session of Curriculum Night. It was amazing to see parents being risk-takers in our sessions and learning new strategies to do with your child(ren).
Women’s History Month – Nominate Today!
March is Women’s History Month celebrating countless women who have made a difference in our local communities, our nation and our world. Click to Nominate someone at Joyner that has positively impacted your child(ren).
Wishlists Now Available to Help Add to our JYJ LibraryOur new Media Specialist, Mrs. Hoyle, has done an amazing job with the library since her arrival! She has used the funds generated from the Book Fair earlier this year to purchase some new books which your children should start seeing the library after Spring Break! She has also put together wishlists at Quail Ridge and on Amazon. If you are able, please consider purchasing a book or two to help bring some new variety to the JYJ library. Thank you in advance for your support! Wishlist Links:
Before and After School Care Program Information
Both programs will run Monday through Friday when students are in the building. Students may arrive for Before School Care at 7:00 AM. After School Care runs from the end of school until 6:00 PM.
If you would like to sign up for Before and/or After School Care visit the link below. This program will follow the same safety protocols as our WCPSS guidelines.
If your child goes to the Care Center, you will receive this form when you pick your child up. Please be sure to review the “Return to School” section which outlines what needs to be done for a student to return to Joyner.
WCPSS Return to Campus Checklist
Joyner PTA and Foundation Updates
PTA’s Virtual 5k
Dust off those running shoes, it’s time for the PTA’s Virtual Joyner 5k! Mark your calendars for May 1st for a fun and socially distanced run/walk to support the Joyner PTA. The Joyner PTA will be sending out more information, including registration details very soon!
Joyner Foundation Silent Auction
It’s time to get excited for the Joyner Foundation Silent Auction! We will be holding the Silent Auction virtually again this year and we can’t wait to share all of the amazing items with you. We are thrilled to join together as a community to support our school!
What to know about this year’s event:
- WHEN: Thursday evening April 22nd, 2021
- FOOD: Various meal options from Empire Eats will be available for pre-order and pickup prior to the event.
- BIDDING: Put the kids to bed early or call a sitter, plan for a “Date Night” at home and start browsing and bidding! Details to follow on how to register and bid.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: If you aren’t already, be sure to like and follow the J. Y. Joyner Foundation on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all details of the event and previews of auction items!
- March 24- Asynchronous Day
- March 29- April 2- Spring Break
- April 5- Calendar Out- No School for students
- April 6-7- Teacher workdays
- April 8- Students return for in-person learning
- April 14- Asynchronous Day
- April 28- Asynchronous Day
- May 5- Asynchronous Day
- May 13 – Teacher Workday
- May 26- Asynchronous Day
- May 31 – Holiday, School Closed
- June 10 – Last Day of School