Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend! We have exciting opportunities and several updates in this week’s NewsFlash (from the PTA Communications Committee):
- Odyssey of the Mind (OM) is a national organization that promotes creative problem solving in kids of all ages. Learn more about this exciting program at an informational meeting for parents on Sept. 9 (today!) at 6 p.m. in the media center. Parents can also sign up their students online (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iFSPtRms2le_Vhf7p3fCiMKzj3ntAVBlAdy26kp-5eY/viewform) by Friday, Sept. 18. For more information, visit http://www.odysseyofthemind.com.
- Memberhub Training Reminder: Our technology chair, Matt Harrell, will be holding training for room parents on Thursday, Sept 10th from 8:30-9:15am in Ms Bell’s technology lab in the media center.
- After School Enrichment Clubs return to Joyner this fall. Registration forms will be coming home in weekly student folders. Contact Duval Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Click here (https://joynerpta.com/fall-tek-after-school-enrichment-clubs-2015/) for more details about this fall’s club offerings.
- Don’t forget to make your gift to join the PTA & help fund initiatives that promote health & wellness for our school community.
- JYJ 5K
- Joyner athletic field
- Health Choice Marathon events
- First in Fitness participants
Click here to give online (https://joynerpta.com/join-pta/)
- Time to re-link your loyalty cards to make easy cash for the PTA! Ask when you’re at the store, or use the following links to be sure your cards are connected to Joyner.
- Harris Teeter VIC card (http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx)
- Target Red Card (https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home)
- Kroger Community Rewards (https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards
- The Science Go Round Committee is looking for volunteers to present to JYJ students @ our annual science event on Friday, Nov. 13. It’s a fun-filled day when scientists & engineers give hands-on demos to show how science is applied in the real world. Do you (or someone you know) work or do science-related research in a field (such as dentistry, medicine, physics, computers, etc)? Anyone who has expertise related to science & wants to share that w/ children in a hands-on way is welcome to participate as a presenter. Presenters commit to providing a 45-minute presentation 4 times to an assigned grade level – different groups of students rotate to each session. Schedule for the day is 7:30 a.m.-1:45 p.m. Breakfast & lunch are provided! If interested or want more info, please contact Elizabeth Altman at email@example.com or 919-523-1266
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner and be sure to use #JYJoyner on Twitter and Instagram so we can all share in your news.