Science-Go-Round needs you!
If you’ve got a student who’s been at Joyner for Science-Go-Round before, you know all about how much they love seeing Dan the Animal Man, racing robots and all the other hands-on science fun of the day. The PTA makes this annual event possible, but we need lots of volunteers to make Nov. 13 run smoothly.
- Sign up to help: Shifts run as early as 7:30-8:30 a.m. and as late as 1:45-2:30 p.m. Volunteer positions include helping presenters bring in supplies, serving lunch and assisting in the classroom (no science experience needed!). Contact Hannah Boston at email@example.com with questions.
- Sign up to bring food: We like to say thank you to our school staff, presenters and volunteers by providing breakfast and desserts. Volunteer to bring in a food item and drop it off at the cart inside the front entrance of the building that Friday morning. Contact Renay Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
So you think you can dance?
Grab your dancing shoes and join The J.Y. Joyner Foundation on Friday, Nov. 20, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. for its first ever Dance-A-Thon at the Joyner overhang/carpool area. DJ Joe Bunn will be spinning tunes and Broughton’s Dance Team will show us the latest moves — plus disco balls, glow sticks, food trucks and lots of other fun! And the best news of all? The Dance-A-Thon raises money to hire a new Spanish teacher. Information coming from the Foundation in this week’s Wednesday folders about purchasing tickets, gathering pledges, entering the lip-sync video contest and more!
Read more from PTA President Keisha Green about how the J.Y. Joyner Foundation and the Joyner PTA are separate organizations with different missions that both support making Joyner a great place to teach and learn.
Room parents provide special support
Each one of our classroom teachers now has at least one room parent — thanks to all of you for volunteering! Parents, please check with your room parent about helping with lunch coverage for teachers once a month, plans for Teacher/Staff Appreciation Days and any other special events happening in your classroom. Room parents, additional info is available for you in the room parent hub on MemberHub, including an updated Appreciation Day schedule.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog: “Innovation in Teaching”
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- November lunch menu
- Nov. 7: WCPSS Magnet Fair
- Nov. 10: PTA Executive Committee meeting at 7:30 a.m.
- Nov. 11: Holiday
- Nov. 12: Picture make-up day
- Nov. 13: Science-Go-Round
- Nov. 20: JY Joyner Foundation Dance-A-Thon
- Nov. 25: Teacher workday