It’s fun to be in the JYJ PTA!
Thanks to all who made last week’s many events such a great success — the PTA book fair, Hour of Code, the spelling bee, the snowman tree gift drive and our winter performances! If you ever wonder why it’s worth giving to and joining the PTA, just think back over the past week and the last four months to see all the great events, from Science-Go-Round and the cultural arts to Reflections and the yearbook cover contest to the super fun Jamboree.
More great programs and events are coming up in 2016, including the Joyner 5K and running club, Odyssey of the Mind competition and the always awesome Night of Nonsense. Want to get more involved with these and other programs? Click on your dashboard (link at the top of your MemberHub page), look for the “Join Open Hubs” button on the left and join the committee hubs that interest you.
We’re also looking for a new committee chair for the school supplies pre-ordering program — please contact Keisha Green at email@example.com if you’re interested in helping out.
More chances to help
It’s not too late to bring in holiday donations. Check with Ms. Burston (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
- Feed the bins in the front lobby with new children’s socks for A Note in the Pocket and men’s/women’s deodorant for the Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network (WIHN).
- Donate gift cards from Kroger, Harris Teeter, Target and Walmart — Ms. Burston will collect them for families in need.
- Bring in new packages of boys or girls underwear in smaller sizes or black girls leggings to keep in the health room in case of student accidents.
Doesn’t everyone want fruit cake?
When you’re preparing holiday gifts this week, don’t forget to check the “Favorite Things” sheets for your classroom teacher and assigned staff member. They’re posted in the files section within each classroom hub.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- December lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Dec. 18: Early release and teacher/staff appreciation lunch provided by PTA
- Dec. 21: Teacher workday (and beginning of the winter holiday)
- Jan. 4: Back to school!
- Jan. 14: School spelling bee
- Jan. 15: Early release and teacher/staff appreciation (“Things that get you moving”)
- March 6: JYJ 5K