The JY Joyner PTA–funded Mini-Grant Program allows teachers and specialists to implement ideas that might not otherwise become part of the classroom environment. Mini-grants have helped to fund many significant achievements at our school including: the Reading Rainbow series, campus and grounds improvements, class sets of books, special Spanish language programs, updated counseling technology, and equipment for teachers and specialists. The PTA is committed to supporting this outstanding program that promotes creativity among the education staff and adds interesting elements to the curriculum.
The next funding period for mini-grants will be fall of 2016. The Mini-Grants Committee will post information and applications in September. Contact Arinn Widmayer if you have questions about the Mini-Grant Program.
Congratulations to our fall 2015 mini-grant recipients!
- Stacy Arch (5th Grade) — Chess for the Mind
- Christina Bell (Spanish) — Cultura, Drama y Mas!
- Andrea Burston (Counselor) — Counselor supplies
- Adriana Duncan (Spanish) — Escriba, Escriba, Escriba a Tiempo
- Amy Gorley (Spanish) — Spanish Conversation Digital Timer
- Denise Hale (Library) — Award Winners! Book Collection
- Mallory Mbalia (Admin Intern) — Rain Barrels for Community Garden
- Phyllis Moore (Music) — Music Room Printer
- Monica Normark (3rd Grade) — Reading Strategies for 3rd Graders
- Lourdes Onate (Spanish) — Cultural Dancing garment bags
- Adriana Pardo (5th Grade) — Knitting Club
- Heather Pelletier (2nd Grade) — NC Science Olympiad
- Stefanie Piper (Kindergarten) — Legos for Education
- Tim Poyer (PE) — Kidz Bop! CDs and Cones for Joyner PE
- Jenni Wilkinson (Kindergarten) — Do You Toobaloo?
- Anna Young (AIG) — Scholarly Reading in a Global World