Enrichment club registration on Thursday
Registration forms for Tailored Enrichment Kids (TEK) JYJ clubs went home in folders last week. Come to the media center this Thursday from 8-8:30 a.m. and turn in your form to sign up for one of these fun after-school opportunities. Visit the PTA website for details about the spring club listing.
Classroom Challenge supports the PTA
As part of the Healthy Choice Marathon, the 2016 JYJ Classroom Challenge to bring in the most money is on! Not only do the winning classes (one winner per grade and one overall winner) get awesome bragging rights, but this year they win Healthy Choice Prize Packs for their teachers that include Omega Sports gift cards, massage gift cards, water bottles, healthy treats and more. The kids are in it to win it!
All proceeds go to PTA’s 2016 project: improving our performance/play space under the overhang at school. That includes updating the sound system, enhancing technology and building a new stage. Since all our school events take place in that space it would be a real benefit to all Joyner kids and families. Make sure your child’s class wins! Contribute by 1) sending in coins, cash and checks (made out to JYJ PTA) to your teacher; 2) drop donation into the buckets in the lobby before school; or 3) donate online via PayPal at the JYJ PTA website.
Links to other HCM info:
- Online registration is open for the 5K.
- Sponsorship forms for the walk/run are available online.
- Run Club continues on Thursday for students who registered for the club. You can still sign up to participate in the other two weeks if you haven’t already.
- WAKE Up and Read book drive drive goal is 2,600 books by Feb. 26.
Mini-grants support JYJ teachers
The JY Joyner PTA–funded Mini-Grant Program allows teachers and specialists to implement ideas that might not otherwise become part of the classroom environment. Mini-grants have helped to fund many significant achievements at our school including: the Reading Rainbow series, campus and grounds improvements, class sets of books, special Spanish language programs, updated counseling technology and equipment for teachers and specialists. The PTA is committed to supporting this outstanding program that promotes creativity among the education staff and adds interesting elements to the curriculum. Congratulations to this year’s mini-grant recipients!
The next funding period for mini-grants will be fall of 2016. The Mini-Grants Committee will post information and applications in September. Questions? Please contact Arinn Widmayer at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to order a yearbook
Order online and save a step! Just go to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use school code 10746716 to order online. The yearbook committee also needs pictures from JYJ events. Please email pictures as “actual size” to Joyneryearbook@gmail.com so we can use them in the yearbook.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- February lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Feb. 18: Registration for TEK enrichment clubs, 8-8:30 a.m. in the media center
- Feb. 27: Battle of the Books tournament
- March 4: Early release and teacher appreciation (“You make us brighter!” — click here for updated classroom staff assignment list)
- March 5: Odyssey of the Mind tournament
- March 6: JYJ 5K, 2 p.m.
- March 19: Science Olympiad tournament
- March 24: School day (snow make-up day)
- March 25: Spring break begins
- April 21: JY Joyner Foundation Gala, 7 p.m. at the Merrimon-Wynne House