Dine-out night at Chick-fil-A this Thursday
Remember to join us on April 7 between 5 and 8 p.m. at the North Hills Chick-fil-A for dine-out night! Thursday’s high is predicted to be 72, which seems warm enough for a milkshake on the green. Be sure to let the cashier know that you’re there to support Joyner and 15% of your order will come back to the PTA!
Class pictures this Thursday
Be sure your children wear something memorable this Thursday so that their special outfits will be forever memorialized in their class photos that will get posted to Facebook in 20 years. Or whatever the kids are using to embarrass each other for reunion purposes by then.
Help build Joyner’s learning garden this Saturday
Thanks to a grant from Whole Kids Foundation, Ms. Mbalia and the Joyner community get to turn the space behind the office into a veggie garden that will serve as an outdoor classroom. Sign up now to help by donating water, bringing tools (shovels, rakes and bottled waters) and spending time setting up the garden on April 9 from 9 a.m. to noon. Whole Foods will be providing breakfast and snack items for volunteers!
Get ready for Night of Nonsense!
Everyone’s favorite springtime PTA event is back — it’s the Joyner Night of Nonsense and Food Truck Frenzy on Thursday, April 28! Be sure to RSVP on the Facebook event page (and share the event with your friends and neighbors) so that we can invite more tasty food trucks. The food trucks will be serving from 4:45-7:45 p.m. and the always fabulous, fun and free Nonsense Show runs from 6:30-8 p.m. under the overhang.
Call for art supplies
In case you haven’t seen Mr. Fotta’s post-it notes beside the art room door, he needs:
- white tempera paint
- green tempera paint
- crayola markers
- big erasers
- pencil sharpeners
- big black sharpies
Upcoming events from the JY Joyner Foundation
The JY Joyner Foundation is promoting three fundraising opportunities in April. Funds raised through the Foundation will be used to attract and retain talented educators and enhance the IB program at Joyner.
- Bring the family to Piola and Lily Rain in North Hills on April 14 for dinner and shopping and support the JY Joyner Foundation! Piola is hosting a family-style spaghetti dinner on April 14 from 4-9 p.m. and will donate 20% of sales to the JY Joyner Foundation. Piola is also offering a discount on bottles of wine for friends of JYJ that night. Reservations are strongly encouraged, but not required. Reserve your spot here! Lily Rain is also donating 20% of all sales on April 14 to the JY Joyner Foundation. Lily Rain, open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., is the perfect place to buy women’s clothing, jewelry and accessories for the Foundation Gala. Please remember to mention that you are with JYJ at both Piola and Lily Rain so that 20% of your purchase goes towards the JYJ Foundation.
- The JY Joyner Spring Gala will be held on Thursday, April 21! Click here to purchase tickets. Please contact Ashley Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-349-4177 with any questions.
- The Produce Box will donate $10 to the JYJ Foundation for every Joyner family that signs up for a membership during the month of April. To sign up, follow this link and use special code JOYNER.
Testing dates set for EOGs
Joyner’s end-of-grade testing dates for students in 3rd through 5th grades have been set for May 26-27 and June 1-3. Check the Joyner website for specific details. Click here for additional resources about EOG testing.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- April lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- April 7: Dine-out night at North Hills Chick-fil-A
- April 9: Garden Mob Day at Joyner from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- April 14: Foundation fundraisers at Piola and Lily Rain
- April 21: JY Joyner Foundation Gala, 7 p.m. at the Merrimon-Wynne House
- May 19: Music concert
- May 26: EOG testing begins