Get ready for Night of Nonsense!
Everyone’s favorite springtime PTA event is back — it’s the Joyner Night of Nonsense and Food Truck Frenzy on Thursday, April 28! Be sure to RSVP on the Facebook event page (and share the event with your friends and neighbors) so that we can invite more tasty food trucks.
The food trucks will be serving from 4:45-7:45 p.m. in the carpool lane — trucks accept cash and credit cards. Bring a picnic blanket to eat outside or find a seat in the cafeteria. The always fabulous, fun and free Nonsense Show runs from 6:30-8 p.m. under the overhang — this hilarious, creative live show performed by our very own Joyner teachers and staff is not to be missed! Check out some of the skits from last year on the JYJ YouTube channel. Parking is limited, so please walk if you can.
Sign up to build Joyner’s learning garden
Thanks to a grant from Whole Kids Foundation, Ms. Mbalia and the Joyner community get to turn the space behind the office into a veggie garden that will serve as an outdoor classroom. Sign up now to help by donating water, bringing tools and spending time setting up the garden on April 9 from 9 a.m. to noon. Whole Foods will be providing breakfast and snack items for volunteers!
Wednesday is the last day!
Yearbook orders and Original Artwork orders are due TOMORROW. Hope you listened last week and took care of everything then, but here are the details just in case.
- Yearbooks: Go to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use school code 10746716 to order online — there are also order forms in the front office.
- Original Artwork: Complete the forms and return with payment to your child’s teacher.
Because Chick-fil-A sauce is crazy good
Remember to join us on April 7 at the North Hills Chick-fil-A for dine-out night! Hopefully the warm weather will be back by then and you can enjoy a milkshake on the green. Or if you’ve never tried their magical Chick-fil-A sauce, now is your chance.
Updates from the JY Joyner Foundation
The JY Joyner Foundation is promoting two fundraising events in April. Funds raised through the Foundation — which is separate from the PTA — will be used to attract and retain talented educators and enhance the IB program at Joyner. Visit the Foundation website for details. Also, The Produce Box will donate $10 to The JYJ Foundation for every Joyner family that signs up for a membership during the month of April. To sign up, follow this link and use special code JOYNER.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- March lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- March 23: Original Artwork and yearbook orders due
- March 24: School day (snow make-up day)
- March 25-April 1: Spring break
- April 7: Dine-out night at North Hills Chick-fil-A
- April 9: Garden Mob Day at Joyner from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- April 14: Foundation fundraisers at Piola and Lily Rain
- April 21: JY Joyner Foundation Gala, 7 p.m. at the Merrimon-Wynne House
Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.