Great summer camps with JYJ teachers
Still looking for fun day camp options for your kids this summer? Be sure to check out these popular programs offered by Joyner teachers:
- Science camp (Ms. Pelletier)
- PE/Art/Explorer camp (Mr. Poyer, Mr. Fotta, Ms. Orr)
- Spanish camp (Sra. Bell)
Missing a coat?
Lost and found is overflowing again! Be sure to check for your child’s forgotten winter coat, hat and gloves — they may not need those items now, but you’ll be wondering what happened to them next fall when the temperatures drop again.
Let your voice be heard
Don’t forget these three opportunities to provide your feedback at the state, county and school level:
- The NC Department of Public Instruction wants your input on the state’s plan to comply with the new federal education law — the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Come to Green Hope High School in Cary on Thursday, April 21, from 4-6 p.m. Audience members who want to speak (up to 3 minutes) should sign in by 4:15 p.m. at each session. In addition, the public is invited to submit comments to the Department of Public Instruction through Let’s Talk.
- Wake County has been selected as one of just 100 communities across the country to host a GradNation Community Summit, designed to improve our graduation rate. The event is on April 29 from 8:30-4:30 — registration is free, but seats are limited. Click here for details and registration.
- Parent input forms for Joyner regarding class assignments for next year are available now in the office — ask Ms. Ferriter for a pink form and be sure to return it to the school by May 9.
Food trucks coming for Night of Nonsense!
Hopefully you saw yesterday’s update about all the great food trucks coming to the Food Truck Frenzy at Night of Nonsense. Be sure to RSVP on the Facebook event page (and share the event with your friends and neighbors) — the more RSVPs we have, the more tasty food trucks we can invite. This fun event is held at Joyner on April 28 — food starts at 4:45 and the show begins at 6:30.
- Help support Joyner’s Odyssey of the Mind team — Sushi Surfers — as they represent Joyner in Iowa next month, competing against some of the best teams from around the world. Please visit their GoFundMe page to help the team cover their registration and travel costs — they’re almost halfway to their goal.
- Joyner’s visit from author Deborah Wiles has been rescheduled for today.
- Want to help with dine-out nights, K-2 liaison or Night of Nonsense next year? Contact Catherine Otto at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer, to ask questions or to nominate someone.
Exciting event this week to support the JY Joyner Foundation
- The JY Joyner Spring Gala is TOMORROW! You can pre-register to participate in the auction by texting JOYNER to 24700 and then follow the directions to pre-register your name and payment information.
- The Produce Box will donate $10 to the JYJ Foundation for every Joyner family that signs up for a membership during the month of April. To sign up, follow this link and use special code JOYNER.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- April lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- April 20: Visit from author Deborah Wiles
- April 21: JY Joyner Foundation Gala, 7 p.m. at the Merrimon-Wynne House
- April 28: Food Truck Frenzy (4:45 p.m.) and Night of Nonsense (6:30-8 p.m.) at Joyner
- May 19: General PTA membership meeting followed by 6:45 music concert (2nd grade, 3rd grades and the Gold Choir)
- May 26: EOG testing begins