Tomorrow is the big night!
We are excited to announce all SEVEN food trucks coming to Joyner this Thursday! In addition to providing us with so many delicious dinner options, ALL trucks have agreed to donate a portion of their event sales to the JYJ PTA! See below for the vegetarian, vegan & gluten-free options offered at each truck. To view their full menus, please visit their individual websites. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
What: Joyner Night of Nonsense & Food Truck Frenzy
When: Thursday, April 28
- Food Truck Frenzy: 4:45 – 7:45 p.m. (trucks accept cash & credit)
- Nonsense Show: 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. – ALWAYS FREE & ALWAYS FUN! Thanks in advance to all the Joyner staff and teachers for creating a fun show for us every year. If you’ve never been, just trust us — you don’t want to miss this show!
Where: Food trucks in the carpool lane/loop, seating in the cafeteria, show under the overhang next to the carpool loop.
Parking: Good luck! Parking is limited, so please walk/carpool if you can.
Bring: Money for food trucks and a picnic blanket if you’d like to eat outside. Bring your friends and neighbors. And your children.
Who are the trucks?
We have delicious savory trucks and sweet vendors booked — click the links for more details.
- Phenomenal Dumplings: We offer a vegetarian/vegan dumpling and a Vegetarian/vegan/gluten free Curry Noodle.
- Pie Pushers Pizza: Check the slice menu the day before the event as it changes daily. We are happy to accommodate dietary needs. We offer cheese-less pizza pies … no cheese, more veggies! We do not always have this as a slice option, but can always make 8″ or 16′ pies. Note: It will take a few more minutes, so calling ahead is always a good option. 919-901-0743. At the moment, we unfortunately do not offer any gluten-free options.
- Chick-N-Que: Cup of Que – gluten free; Black Bean Burger- vegetarian; Green Beans, Coleslaw – vegetarian/vegan
- Humble Pig: We do a veggie taco with the baked beans. We carry sweet fries and corn tortillas. Our sauces are all gluten free, as is the meat.
- CJ’s Street Food: The Black Bean tacos are gluten free and vegetarian, and can be made vegan without the lime cream
- Oscar Williams Cotton Candy: All of our fresh spun cotton candy is gluten and allergen free, organic all natural (Vegan). Flavors offered for this event will be Marshmallow, Vanilla & Coconut.
- Loco Pops: $2/pop; Cream flavors (vegetarian): Strawberries & cream (GF), Blueberry Buttermilk (GF), Cookies & Cream and Chocolate Brownie; Fruit flavors (vegan): Cherry Lime, Pomegranate Black Currant and Strawberry Lemonade
Art treasures are back
Original Works orders and artwork went home yesterday (Tuesday). If you have any questions or anything is wrong with your order, please email email@example.com by THIS Friday.
April is Autism Awareness month
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is the second most common developmental disability following intellectual disability. ASD is more common than childhood cancer, cystic fibrosis and multiple sclerosis combined. It is estimated that up to 1 out of every 68 children born today has some form of ASD. Evidence suggests that the prevalence rate in North Carolina is even higher than the national average, at 1 in 58. Check out these great videos and resources for more information: http://autismsociety-nc.org/index.php/presets/autism-awareness-month
Connecting new JYJ families
Know a new family coming to Joyner next year? Let them know they can sign up to join our MemberHub at http://bit.ly/JYJmemberhub.
- Joyner PTA website
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- April 28: Food Truck Frenzy (4:45 p.m.) and Night of Nonsense (6:30-8 p.m.) at Joyner
- April 29: Wake County’s GradNation Community Summit, 8:30-4:30 — registration is free, but seats are limited. Click here for details and registration.
- May 9: Parent input forms for 2016-17 due to Joyner
- May 19: General PTA membership meeting followed by 6:45 music concert (2nd grade, 3rd grades and the Gold Choir)
- May 26: EOG testing begins