Principal input session set for next Wednesday
WCPSS will hold a parent session with Area Superintendent Andre Smith on Wednesday, June 21, at 3:30 p.m. in the Joyner gym for all parents who wish to provide input concerning the selection of the new principal. Examples of input include: desired characteristics/qualities, assets, traits, and particular skills/experience. The information that is gathered will be used to develop a principal profile and a list of questions and issues for the applicant screening and selection process. Individuals unable to attend the input session can email comments to email@example.com — see the form in MemberHub files for submitting your feedback in writing.
Last chance for school supply deal
Quick, before you forget — go to https://www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks/ and use ID code joy014 to order school supplies for the fall. Order by June 15 to get the discounted price. If you’re able to order an extra pack, just put “donation” in the name fields and the PTA will make sure it goes to a Joyner student in need. All supply orders must be placed in advance — no supply packs will be sold at school this fall. Pre-ordered supply packs will be delivered to the school and waiting for you at the beginning of the school year.
Sign up to water the JYJ garden
The pollinator garden is exploding and we need your help keeping it that way over the summer. We are looking for families to help with watering the garden each week. No set days or time, just pick a week and use your judgement on how often you need to come. Sign up is available on MemberHub.
Join us at the library this summer
All JYJ students are invited to participate in the Summer Reading Challenge by reading a total of 1,000 minutes over the summer. Those who track and turn in their minutes after school starts back in the fall will take part in the Summer Reading Celebration in September. Details and reading logs are available in the PTA hub files section of MemberHub in English and Spanish. Make plans to join us at library meet-ups each month — see the dates and locations listed at the end of this message. Contact Kristin Wolverton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Crystal Jordan at email@example.com with questions.
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- June 19: Wake Board of Commissioners to vote on county budget, 2 p.m. at the Justice Center (300 S. Salisbury St.). To speak, sign-up 30 minutes before meeting.
- June 20: JYJ library meet-up at Cameron Village Library, 5:30 p.m.
- July 11: JYJ library meet-up at North Regional Library, 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 8: JYJ library meet-up at Leesville Community Library, 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 9: Rising kindergarten popsicle playdate, Joyner playground, 10 a.m.
- Aug. 20: Rising kindergarten popsicle playdate, Joyner playground, 3 p.m.
- Aug. 28: First day of school!
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications team. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.