The NewsFlash is on vacation, but PTA will send occasional updates and reminders over the summer to keep you connected. If you’re new to Joyner and the NewsFlash, be sure to check out the quick links at the bottom of this message, including the “Joyner glossary of terms” to get up-to-speed on all the JYJ lingo. If you just graduated your last child and you’re done with the NewsFlash, know that we’ll miss you, but feel free to unsubscribe and leave the Joyner hub.
First library meet up on Monday, June 18
Missing your Joyner friends already? Need some motivation to get started on the Summer Reading Challenge? Come check out some books and visit with the JYJ crew at the Cameron Village Library this coming Monday (June 18) at 5:30 p.m. Click here to download Summer Reading Challenge details and the form for logging book titles. Two more library meet-ups are set for July 16 and Aug. 13.
Order school supplies by July 15
Take advantage of school supply pre-ordering now and save yourself some time in August! Just go to https://www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks/ and use ID code JOY014. If you’re able to order an extra pack, just put “donation” in the name fields and the PTA will make sure it goes to a Joyner student in need. All supply orders must be placed in advance — no supply packs will be sold at school this fall. Pre-ordered supply packs will be delivered to the school and waiting for you at the beginning of the school year.
Summer fun with Joyner families!
Come join the fun on Thursday, July 26, from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Shelter 4 at Pullen Park. This will be a time to connect over the summer for play time and to meet new JYJ families. Please bring a picnic dinner for your family if you would like. The shelter has two grills available for use overlooking the playground and train area. Outdoor games to play with others are welcome as well. We are excited to spend some summer time together before we start our next fabulous school year! Hope to see you all there. Contact Meredith Swindell, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about play time at the park.
Popsicle playdates for rising kindergartners
The PTA hosts two popsicle playdates for rising kindergartners in August — this is a great chance to help you and your student get comfortable at school. We’ll meet on the Joyner playground behind the school on Aug. 8 at 9 a.m. and Aug. 18 at 3 p.m. — come to one or both as your schedule allows. Current Joyner parents will be there to answer questions while your rising kindergartners start making new friends with their incoming classmates.
Summer Camp Reminder
Ms. Cameron, Mr. Fotta and Mr. Poyer’s STEAM, art and PE camps are open to ANY rising kindergartners through 5th grade and run from 9-noon and 1-4 pm. Supervised before care (8-9am), lunch (12-1pm) and after care (4-5pm) included at no extra cost. Camp dates are July 23-27, July 30-Aug 3 and Aug 6-10, with the following exceptions:
- PE Camp is full the week of August 6-10.
- Art Camp is full the week of August 6-10 for the older group (3rd-6th grade); there is still space for the younger group (K-2nd grade).
To download the registration form, click here.
Ms. Johnson and Ms. Forbes are offering half-day kindergarten readiness camps June 25-29, July 23-27, and Aug 6-10 for rising Kinders. July 30-Aug. 3 is First Grade Refresher week. Click here to learn more and click here to download the registration form.
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- Kroger card link (NPO number is 86044)
- June 18: Cameron Village Library meet-up, 5:30 p.m.
- July 15: Deadline for school supply orders
- July 16: Cameron Village Library meet-up, 5:30 p.m.
- July 26: Play time at Pullen Park, 5-7 pm at Shelter 4
- Aug. 8: Popsicle playdate for K students, 9 a.m.
- Aug. 13: Cameron Village Library meet-up, 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 18: Popsicle playdate for K students, 3 p.m.
- Aug. 27: First day of school
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.