IB Learner Profile Trait for December: Open-Minded
We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
This Week’s News Flash:
- Special thanks: Book Fair Success
- Pick up schedule for Dewey’s Orders
- PTA General Meeting & Principal’s Coffee
- Lost and Found
- Winter Break
Be sure to check out the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Also you can view the school and PTA calendar at (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar. Want to learn or refresh on JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed.
Thank You for Making JYJ’s Book Fair a Success!
The JYJ 2019 Book Fair was a great success – we thank everyone for contributing your time and financial support! A big THANK YOU to Laura Moreschi and Leslie de Haven for their leadership and countless hours spent ensuring the event’s success.
With everyone’s donations of change and purchase round ups, we were able to ensure that all children were able to purchase a book. Many thanks again!
Dewey’s Pickup Schedule
If you placed a Dewey’s order, it will be available for pick up in the Joyner library. Below are the pick up times:
- Wednesday, December 18th from 12:30-1:00pm
- Wednesday, December 18th from 3:00-3:30pm
- Thursday, December 19th from 8:00-8:30am
Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about your order. Thank you for your support of the Joyner Foundation!
Make Plans to Join in January – PTA Meeting & Principal’s Coffee
Please join us for our next PTA General Meeting on January 31st at 8:00 a.m. in the Media Center. Immediately following, and open to all, is the Principal’s Coffee at 8:30. Look forward to seeing you there!
Lost and Found Items
If your child is missing their jacket, lunchbox or any other item, be sure to visit the Kindergarten hallway and check the lost and found. We have an abundance of items that need to find their way back home. Take a moment and label your items as well to help out for the future!
Winter Break is almost here!
Winter break will begin next Monday, Dec. 23rd and students will return on Monday, Jan. 6th. We wish you and your family a safe, restful and wonderful holiday season! We look forward to seeing you in 2020!
Note: There will not be a NewsFlash published on December 25th or January 1st.
- Dec. 20: School in session (Weather make-up day)
- Dec. 23-Jan. 3: Holiday Break, School Closed
- Jan. 6: School Back in Session
- Jan. 16: School Spelling Bee (TBD)
- Jan. 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day – School Closed
- Jan. 31: PTA General Meeting 8:00 a.m., Media Center
- Jan. 31: Principal’s Coffee 8:30 a.m., Media Center
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.