*WCPSS closed for the remainder of the school year
Learner Profile Trait of the Month: Reflective We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development. “WE CANNOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SAME THINKING WE USED WHEN WE CREATED THEM.” ALBERT EINSTEIN
The Joyner PTA Needs YOU!
Does this extended absence from Joyner have you missing your school community? Have you been considering getting more involved in your child’s school experience? Do you have a passion for improving elementary school for ALL of Joyner’s students? There is a PTA position with your name on it!
Check out these important PTA openings available for the next school year:
- Vice President
- Grounds Restoration & Improvement Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Membership and No-Fuss Fundraiser Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- JYJ 5K Chairperson
- 3rd-5th Grade Liaison
- Girls on the Run Lead
- Odyssey of the Mind Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Science Olympiad Chairpersons (2 Co-Chairs)
- Spelling Bee Chairperson
- Spirit Nights Chairperson
- Technology/Website Communication Chairperson
Contact Andrew Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.332.9882 with questions or if you are interested in learning more about any of the following positions. We appreciate your consideration and support!
PTA General Membership Virtual Meeting – June 2nd
Join us for the next general membership PTA meeting via zoom on Tuesday, June 2nd at 7:00 p.m. In this meeting, we will elect our 2020/21 officers and approve the next annual budget. All are welcome to join and get involved! Zoom call details will follow.
Fifth Grade Graduation – More to Come…
As you know there have been many changes to graduation ceremonies for high schools that was released in the news this past week. We wanted to share at this time that our team has come up with some creative plans that are still in the works for how to celebrate our 5th graders before they move onto middle school while also ensuring everyone is safe. Information will be shared with families soon once we have finalized our ideas so stay tuned!
WCPSS – Free Meals for Children A number of schools and community centers will serve as food distribution sites for Wake County families. There are three types of food offerings:
- WCPSS food sites: hot lunches for the day and breakfast for the next day (available for all children aged 18 and under)
- Western region sites: at least one meal (available for all children aged 18 and under)
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Mobile Market: pre-packed boxes of perishable and shelf-stable food items available
Any parents that would still like to fill out our remote learning survey please feel free to do so on the link provided so that we can best assist your family during this process. JYJ Remote Learning Survey
Have you checked out our WJYJ remote learning news yet? Each week several of our students and staff feature special moments of our magnet program at home. It’s a great way to stay connected with one another and celebrate. Make sure you tune in each week!
Link to Site: https://sites.google.com/wcpss.net/joyner-jaguars/home
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.