IB Learner Profile Trait of the Month: Caring
We show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. We have personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
Join Joyner’s new Instagram page! Joyner_Magnet_Elementary
#JoynerSTRONG #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #WeAreFamily
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- WCPSS Return to School
- PTA Membership Drive Update
- Spirit Rock Sign Up
- Dates to Remember
Remember to look at the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Check out the school and PTA calendar (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar.
Still learning the JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed. If you just graduated your last child and you’re done with the NewsFlash, know that we’ll miss you, but feel free to unsubscribe and leave the Joyner hub.
WCPSS Updates: Back to School 2020-2021
Please see the link below for any updated information from the district in regards to our return to school. Return to Campus District Updates
- Oct 7 – Cohorts will be released
- Oct 26 – Nov 13th Pre K-3rd and regional program rotations will begin
- Nov 16 – All Pre K-3 students and regional program in Plan B will report on a daily basis
- Nov 16 – Grades 4-5 will begin their cohort rotations and continue in rotation throughout the end of the semester.
Virtual Academy Families: Students who attended the WCPSS Virtual Academy will remain in the Academy through the end of the 1st semester. Those who registered for the entire school year may remain so, unless you decide to opt for in-person instruction for the second semester. Second semester information will be forthcoming this month to all Virtual Academy families.
THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has joined the JYJ PTA for the 2020-2021 school year.
There is still time to donate and help the PTA No Fuss Fundraiser reach its goal. We are currently sitting at 290 members and just need 10 more to reach our goal of 300!
Reaching this GOAL enables our school to provide:
- Arts and science programming
- Appreciation events for teachers and staff
- Classroom technology
- Student clubs
- Recognition programs
- Family fun events
- And MUCH MORE
Your support is critical! Click HERE to join today.
Spirit Rock Signs Ups are Live!
The Joyner Spirit Rock is located in the front of the main entrance. You can reserve it for 24 hours and paint it to celebrate a birthday, thank a staff member, or to just spread a positive message! It’s lots of fun and the kids & teachers love seeing all the different designs! Reserve your date today by clicking here or by going to Signups in the Joyner Hub on Memberhub. Questions? Email Heather Kraudel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10/7 – Cohorts will be released
- 10/7 – Coffee With the Counselors (3-5) 8- 8:30 a.m.
- 10/22 – End of the 1st Quarter
- 10/23 – Teacher Workday
- 10/26 – November 13th Pre K-3rd and regional program rotations will begin
- 11/3 – Teacher Workday
- 11/11 – Holiday
- 11/16 – All Pre K-3 students and regional program in Plan B will report on a daily basis
- 11/16 – Grades 4-5 will begin their cohort rotations and continue in rotation throughout the end of the semester.
- 11/23 – Remote Learning Day
- 11/24 – Remote Learning Day
- 11/25 – 11/27 – Fall Break
- 12/4-12/13 – JYJ Book Fair; Online and in-store options at Quail Ridge Books this year (More details to follow.)
- WJYJ News
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS Traditional Year School Calendar
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Guides To Technology for Parents and Students
- Food Distribution Sites
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.