IB Learner Profile Trait of the Month: Caring
We show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. We have personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- PTA Membership Drive Success
- Spirit Night Tomorrow
- WCPSS Updates & Return to School
- Joyner Foundation Updates
- Calendar Reminders
Remember to look at the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Check out the school and PTA calendar (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar.
Still learning the JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed. If you just graduated your last child and you’re done with the NewsFlash, know that we’ll miss you, but feel free to unsubscribe and leave the Joyner hub.
Thank you for a successful PTA membership drive! As the PTA membership and No-Fuss fundraiser comes to an end, we’re thankful for all the parents, teachers, administrators, and other supporters who joined and donated over the past couple of months!
Spirit Night TOMORROW — Two Roosters Ice Cream Thursday, 10/15 Calling all JYJ friends and family! Sweeten up your Thursday by stopping by Two Roosters Ice Creamtomorrow, Oct. 15th between 12:00 and 9:00 PM. Be sure to mention that you are with the JYJ PTA and Two Roosters will donate 20% of sales to Joyner. Two Roosters is located at 215 E. Franklin St in Person Street Plaza. Can’t wait to see you there! *If ordering online please put Joyner Elementary Spirit Night in the comment section*
WCPSS UpdatesUpdated Calendars with Cohort Information Now Available
We have updated school calendars to reflect changes approved by the school board for the first semester.
Virtual Academy Families: Students who attended the WCPSS Virtual Academy will remain in the Academy through the end of the 1st semester. Those who registered for the entire school year may remain so, unless you decide to opt for in-person instruction for the second semester. Second semester information will be forthcoming this month to all Virtual Academy families. Remote Learning Days
Wake County Public School System has built five “remote learning” days into the fall semester calendar for the 2020-21 school year. These days are intended to support both teachers and students in having sufficient time to fully engage and succeed in their work. Click here for more information and schedule.
Social Stories for Special Education Students
Social Stories can be helpful in supporting student’s learning when assisting with understanding difficult issues. These social stories for special education students focus on wearing a face covering, social distancing and hand washing.
Joyner Foundation Updates
#JoynerStrong Masks for Sale
Face masks are the latest and greatest must have fashion and safety accessory so why not have a little fun with them too! The Joyner Foundation is now selling two different styles of masks, ear loop and gaiter (adult and youth sizes available). Click here for images and pricing. Plus, do you want a great way to hang on to these masks? We’ve got you covered there too with a #JoynerStrong lanyard! These lanyards are also great for teacher key fobs or anything else you want to hang on to.
The sale will run through Friday October 16th so don’t wait and place your order today! All orders will be placed online at http://joynerfoundation.org/store.htm. Questions? Contact Blair Kennedy (contact info in email).
Dine Out Night at Mellow Mushroom October 27th
Want a night off from cooking? Come enjoy Mellow Mushroom AND support the Joyner Foundation on Tuesday, October 27th! You can dine in (patio or indoor seating available) OR call for curbside take-out. When you place your order, just be sure to mention you are with Joyner Elementary School and a portion of the proceeds will be donated back to us!
- 10/14 – Asynchronous Learning Day – No Live Instruction
- 10/15 – Spirit Night – Two Roosters Ice Cream
- 10/16 – Deadline for Joyner Masks and Accessories Orders
- 10/21 – Asynchronous Learning Day – No Live Instruction
- 10/22 – End of the 1st Quarter
- 10/23 – Teacher Workday
- 10/26 through 11/13 Pre K-3rd and regional program rotations will begin
- 10/27 – Dine Out Night – Mellow Mushroom
- 11/3 – Teacher Workday
- 11/11 – Holiday
- 11/16 – All Pre K-3 students and regional program in Plan B will report on a daily basis
- 11/16 – Grades 4-5 will begin their cohort rotations and continue in rotation throughout the end of the semester.
- 11/23 – Remote Learning Day
- 11/24 – Remote Learning Day
- 11/25 – 11/27 – Fall Break
- 12/4-12/13 – JYJ Book Fair; Online and in-store options at Quail Ridge Books this year (More details to follow.)
Join Joyner on Instagram- Joyner_Magnet_Elementary. #JoynerSTRONG #ThePeopleMakeThePlace #WeAreFamily
- WJYJ News
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS Traditional Year School Calendar
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Guides To Technology for Parents and Students
- Food Distribution Sites
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account