Reminder that today, Wednesday Dec. 16th is a Remote Learning Asynchronous Day. Students will not report to campus today.
Wishing you all the best this holiday season! Enjoy your winter break and we will look forward to seeing you all in 2021!
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- Virtual Read Aloud Night Tonight
- Book Fair & Book Fairy Program Wrap Up
- Supporting JYJ through your everyday shopping
- Before and After School Care Registration
- WCPSS Updates
- Calendar Reminders
Joyner Virtual Read Aloud NightWe greatly miss our JYJ family time together and thought it was time for a surprise! Join us VIRTUALLY TONIGHT, December 16th, for a night of FUN while you watch the JYJ staff READ ALOUD their favorite stories LIVE! There will be 3 sessions of your choice to attend that night, one at 6:45, 7, and 7:15. You can “come and go” as you please! You can listen to 3 different stories by 3 different staff members and we even have some surprise JYJ guests! All you have to do is join the link below, mute yourself, and enjoy! We hope you will take this opportunity to relax with us before break. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12MlqxM956mv0hQjnuPm9lNdD72KaZ9GlssB9oCn0c0U/edit?usp=sharing
Thank You for Supporting Joyner’s Book Fair at Quail Ridge Books Thank you to all who were able to support Joyner through the book fair with Quail Ridge Books. The Quail Ridge staff was impressed with our turnout and with our community’s generosity through the Book Fairy program. Happy Reading!
Easy ways to support JYJ through your holiday shopping & beyond
Did you know that by shopping at Amazon, Shutterfly, and Harris Teeter, you can support the PTA? For every purchase you make, those corporations donate a percentage directly to Joyner PTA. It requires minimal setup from you, and Joyner benefits!
Use the links below to connect your purchases to Joyner:
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account– Amazon donates 0.5% of purchases to Joyner.
- Harris Teeter– VIC card link (number 1988) – When you shop Harris Teeter brands, a percentage of your purchase is donated to the school that your VIC card is linked to.
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account– Shutterfly donates 8% of purchases to Joyner.
Every dollar matters even more this year, so please participate!
Reserve your spot for Before and After School Care
Both programs will run Monday through Friday when students are in the building. Students may arrive for Before School Care at 7:00 AM. After School Care runs from the end of school until 6:00 PM.
If you would like to sign up for Before and/or After School Care visit the link below. This program will follow the same safety protocols as our WCPSS guidelines.
Link to Joyner Before and After School Care
Survey of Families Interested in Attending
- WCPSS Return to Campus Checklist
- Dec. 16 – Remote Learning Day (Asynchronous)
- Dec. 16 – Virtual Read Aloud Night (multiple evening timeslots, no registration)
- Dec. 21 – Jan 1st – Winter Break
- Jan. 1- Winter Break
- Jan. 15 – End of 2nd Quarter
- Jan. 18 -School Closed, Holiday
- Jan. 19 – School Closed, Teacher Workday
- WJYJ News
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS Traditional Year School Calendar
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Guides To Technology for Parents and Students
- Food Distribution Sites
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
IB Learner Profile Trait of the Month: Open-Minded
We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
December is the perfect month to have open conversations with friends about their traditions and culture. Allow them the opportunity to grow and understand themselves and find similarities and differences by being open-minded. Share cultural and personal values and traditions in class and at home.
Join Joyner on Instagram- Joyner_Magnet_Elementary
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.