Reminder: Wednesday, April 14th is an Asynchronous Day. No students will report to school today.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- Health Screening Update and Care Center
- Virtual JYJ 5K Run/Walk
- Joyner Foundation Silent Auction
- Before and After School Care
- Summer Camp Offerings
- Calendar Reminders
Health Screening Update
In accordance with CDC and DCDHHS guidance, WCPSS schools are no longer screening students for symptoms of Covid-19 upon arrival. However, we still need your assistance in ensuring students do not come to campus with symptoms.
Students should not be in school if they are diagnosed with COVID-19, exposed to someone with COVID-19, instructed to quarantine, or if they are sick or experiencing any of these symptoms:
- 100.4° fever or higher
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
If your child goes to the Care Center, you will receive this form when you pick your child up. Please be sure to review the “Return to School” section which outlines what needs to be done for a student to return to Joyner.
2021 Virtual JYJ 5K Run/Walk
Registration is now open for the 2021 Virtual JYJ 5K Run/Walk! We are so excited to bring back this tradition in a little different format. This is a wonderful opportunity to support the Joyner PTA while also demonstrating the importance of healthy choices.
Registration, which includes your 5K t-shirt, is just $10 for adults and $8 for kids. To make sure you get your t-shirt, please register by Tuesday, April 20th. T-shirt pick-up will be on Wednesday, April 28th (asynchronous day), from 11-1 in the car pool lane.
Registration link: https://joynerpta.com/5k/
If you have any questions, contact Amber Lueken Barwick: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joyner Foundation Silent Auction – Food, Donations, Auction Items!
The Joyner Foundation is gearing up for our virtual Silent Auction on Thursday evening April 22nd! Every donation, at any level, helps us reach our goals and make the difference so we hope you will join us in supporting this event this year.
We have some really great ways to participate and help:
FOOD: We are so excited to be partnering with Empire Eats for some delicious “to go” meal options available for preorder from The Pit, Gravy, Sitti, Raleigh Times and Empire Eats Catering. Order a package from one, two, or all five restaurants to enjoy! Reheating instructions are provided with each meal so if you can’t pick just one, feel free to grab a couple different meals to enjoy over the week!
- All meals are $50 and feed 4 people. 20% of each package will get donated back to The Joyner Foundation!
- Orders should be placed online no later than Tuesday April 18th, 2021 at bit.ly/JYJoyner
- You choose a pickup time that works best for you anytime on April 20th, 21st or 22nd from 12pm to 6pm. Pickup for all packages will be at Empire Eats Catering located at 415 Royal Street, Raleigh, NC 27607 (off of Hillsboro Street across from Meredith College).
DONATIONS: We want to thank all of our Corporate and Family Supporters this year! We are so appreciative to everyone who has contributed to our Foundation this year and especially to those that have contributed to our Donation Drive surrounding the Spring Auction.
- If you have not donated yet and you’d like to, there is still time! Donations can be made on our website at http://joynerfoundation.org/ or by completing the form included below and sending to school with a check to the attention of the Joyner Foundation.
- In acknowledgment of every gift we receive, we will place a pinwheel on the Joyner Campus as a thank you. Pinwheels have already started to go up in front of the school so be sure to drive by or walk by and check them out!
AUCTION ITEMS: We have some really great items and experiences! To highlight a few of our favorite items up for auction this year:
- 5 Themed Baskets up for Raffle: MOM Basket, DAD Basket, FOODIE Basket, KID Basket, FAMILY NIGHT Basket. Raffle tickets will be sold for $5 each.
- Art: Works of art from Kristin Kash, Allison McLaurin, Ashley Reynolds, Crawford Hasse and Denise Hughes
- Dining: Gift cards from the Angus Barn, North Hills Club, Prime BBQ and Shuckin Shack just to name a few
- Event Tickets: Flight Lessons and private wine class from Total Wine
- Health/Fitness/Spa: Packages from Blackbird Studio, Burn Boot Camp, Hayes Barton Nails and much more
- Kids Camps: Events from NCSU Golf Camp, Triangle Rock Club and Master Chang’s Martial Arts
- Professional Services: Raleigh Auto Spa, Wake Orthodontics and Cheek Hill Orthodontics among so many others
- Retail: Solo Stove, shopping party from Swagger, autographed sports balls, lots of beautiful jewelry and several gift cards from great places around town
- Staycation/Vacation: Stays at the Carolina Inn and Shell Island Resort
Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook at J. Y. Joyner Foundation and @jyjfoundation on Instagram to keep up with all details of the event and previews of auction items!
Before and After School Care Program Information
Both programs will run Monday through Friday when students are in the building. Students may arrive for Before School Care at 7:00 AM. After School Care runs from the end of school until 6:00 PM.
If you would like to sign up for Before and/or After School Care visit the link below. This program will follow the same safety protocols as our WCPSS guidelines.
Summer Camp OfferingsWe’re excited to share that the following summer camps are available for registration.
- Kinder Readiness: July 12-July 16
- Fourth Grade Refresher: July 19-23 and 26 -30
- First Grade Refresher: Aug 2-6
These will be led by Ms. Kate Johnson (4th Grade Teacher). Contact Ms. Johnston directly for questions and registration details. Email: email@example.com or Call/Text: (919)757-4892 *Space is limited to 10 students per camp.
Learner Profile Trait for April: CommunicatorsWe express ourselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways. We collaborate effectively, listening carefully to the perspectives of other individuals and groups.
- Listening: Listening to directions, listening to others, listening to information.
- Speaking: Speaking clearly; expressing ideas clearly and logically; giving oral reports.
- Reading: Reading from a variety of sources and understanding what has been read; making inferences; and drawing conclusions.
- April 14- Asynchronous Day
- April 14- 1st & 5th Grade VA Supply Pickup 12-1
- April 15 – PTA Executive Board Meeting, 7:30 pm
- April 20- T-shirt Deadline for the Joyner 5K
- April 22- Joyner Foundation Silent Auction
- April 28- Asynchronous Day
- May 1- Virtual 5K
- May 5- Asynchronous Day
- May 13 – Teacher Workday
- May 26- Asynchronous Day
- May 31 – Holiday, School Closed
- June 10 – Last Day of School