You’re going to need to stretch
There’s lots going on this month with the Healthy Choice Marathon, leading up to the 5th Annual JY Joyner 5K Run/Walk on March 6, 2016! All details are available on the PTA website.
- Online registration is now open for the 5K.
- Sponsorship forms for the walk/run are available online.
- Run Club begins tomorrow (Feb. 11) for students who registered for the club. You can still sign up to participate in the other three weeks if you haven’t already.
- Classroom Challenge collection jars will be in the lobby starting Feb. 15.
- WAKE Up and Read book drive drive goal is 2,600 books by Feb. 26.
Be sure your kids have something to sign
It’s time to order your yearbook — go to ybpay.lifetouch.com and use school code 10746716 to order online. The yearbook committee also needs pictures from JYJevents. Please email pictures as “actual size” to Joyneryearbook@gmail.com so we can use them in the yearbook.
Love those fabulous teachers and staff this Friday
This Friday (Feb. 12) is early release and teacher/staff appreciation — the theme is “How sweet it is to be taught by you!” Have your child bring in some goodies or their teacher’s favorite sweet treat. Don’t forget to use the “Favorite Things” lists in your classroom hub for your teacher and designated staff person.
Get involved with PTA — or else
The Joyner PTA nominating committee is looking for volunteers to chair and assist with committees for next school year. Check out this list of elected officers and committee chairs and contact Catherine Otto at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out — the PTA doesn’t work without you! Either you can wait until one of your friends signs you up for something or you can go ahead and pick the program you’d like — it’s up to you.
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- February lunch menu
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Feb. 10: Yearbook sales open
- Feb. 12: Early release and teacher appreciation
- Feb. 15: School day (snow make-up day)
- Feb. 18: Registration for TEK enrichment clubs
- March 4: Early release
- March 6: JYJ 5K
- April 21: JY Joyner Foundation Gala at 7 p.m. at the Merrimon-Wynne House
Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.