Sign up for summer camps
There are still spaces left in the ever popular summer camps offered by Joyner teachers. Sign up your kids and invite their friends (including non-Joyner ones)! Check out the links below for details and registration information:
- Science camp (Ms. Pelletier)
- PE/Art/Explorer camp (Mr. Poyer, Mr. Fotta, Ms. Orr)
- Spanish camp (Sra. Bell)
Last week for input forms
Don’t forget to turn in your parent input forms regarding class assignments for next year. They’re due back in the office by Monday, May 9. Don’t have a form yet? Check with Ms. Ferriter in the main office.
Spend lunchtime with your child’s class
If you haven’t covered your child’s class during lunchtime, then you really haven’t experienced the full glory of being a teacher. But don’t despair — your chance is coming next week! The PTA’s Teacher/Staff Appreciation Committee has planned a wonderful end-of-year lunch for the Joyner teachers and staff next Wednesday, May 11. Please check with your room parents about volunteering to provide lunch coverage so that teachers can have a break from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to enjoy this special treat. Contact Alli Corsmmeier at email@example.com with questions.
Join a quick PTA meeting
Think “quick meeting” is an oxymoron? Then join us for the final PTA membership meeting of the 2016 school year — May 19 at 6:30 p.m. in the gym — and let us prove it can be done. We’ll share highlights from this year and vote on the proposed budget for next year, so we need all your voices in attendance.
Appreciate that deep breath
May is National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. There is no cure for asthma and allergies, but many deaths are preventable with proper treatment and care. Ten people a day die from asthma. Asthma affects 24 million Americans, including 6.3 million children under the age of 18. More than 50 million Americans have all types of allergies – pollen, skin, latex and more — and the rate of allergies is climbing. Click here to learn more.
Connecting new JYJ families
Know a new family coming to Joyner next year? Let them know they can sign up to join our MemberHub at http://bit.ly/JYJmemberhub.
- Joyner PTA website
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- May 9: Parent input forms for 2016-17 due to Joyner
- May 11: Rising kindergarten orientation, 8:30 a.m.
- May 12: Spanish dancing evening for various classes and grades
- May 19: Kindergarten animal parade, 8:30 a.m.
- May 19: General PTA membership meeting at 6:30 followed by 6:45 music concert (2nd grade, 3rd grades and the Gold Choir)
- May 20: Field day and volunteer breakfast
- May 26-June 6: EOG testing and make-ups
- June 8: 5th grade celebration
- June 9: Kickball game
Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.