TEK Club spring signups today
Sign-ups for TEK After School Clubs start at 8 a.m. today in the media center. Bring your form and payment for $135 per child. Full club descriptions are on the TEK website at http://www.tailoredenrichmentkids.com/joyner-clubs.html. Please contact Duval Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Get ready to run (or walk) this Sunday!
- Haven’t registered for the 5K yet? No problem! Register online until midnight on Thursday, March 2?, at? ?https://joynerpta.com/5k-running-club/.
- 5K Packet Pickup (race bibs, t-shirts, info sheets) on Saturday, March 4? at Omega Sports North Hills from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. You can only pick up race packets for your family – no exceptions. We have ordered a limited number of extra t-shirts for families who missed the t-shirt deadline. These shirts are first come, first served and we are unable to exchange shirt sizes.? ?We will also be processing new registrations onsite Saturday, cash or check only.
- ?Find all the info you need for packet pickup and race day on the JYJ 5K Facebook page??. And don’t forget the 5K Fun Fair from 1-4 p.m. complete with family activities, a photo booth, a DJ, Locopops food truck and much more.
- There are still openings for volunteers — sign up to help with packet pick-up on Saturday or on Sunday with funfair activities, cheering on the course or cleaning up after the event. No running required! Sign up at https://memberhub.com/HSR6192I1118.
It’s the final countdown!
As you get ready for the 5K, don’t forget all the other activities leading up to the big day. We’re now into week 4 of the Healthy Choice Marathon!
- The theme for week 4: Read, read, read! Read as many pages as you can.
- Keep encouraging your teachers and staff in the weekly staff wellness challenges! Who check off the most books from the reading challenge list?
- And speaking of books, do you have your costume ready for Friday? Students are invited to dress as their favorite book character on March 3 in celebration of collecting more than 2,600 books! Keep bringing in gently used books through Friday for the WAKE Up and Read annual book drive.
Run Club meets tomorrow
Run Club meets for its last session tomorrow after school for all who are already signed up. Thanks to all the volunteers who stepped up to make the JYJ Run Club possible — more volunteers are needed tomorrow! Please sign up if you can help.
Order yearbooks and see your photos in print
It’s time to order your yearbook! Order forms went home last week, but we encourage everyone to order online at http://ybpay.lifetouch.com with yearbook ID 10746717. And please keep sending photos of your kids to email@example.com — if you’re sending from a phone, make sure to choose “actual size.”
Planning ahead for campus project
Do you have spring fever? Looking for a project for your boy/girl scout troop, Y Guides/Princess group, service project? We have the solution! Join us on Sunday, March 19, from 1-3 p.m. to beautify the grounds at Joyner. Any amount of time would be appreciated. See signup in memberhub.
Our spectacular Grounds Committee chair is also looking for someone who works for or owns a landscape company to help with a project for NEXT YEAR. If you know of anyone please contact Julie Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look for markers, Legos and shoes in your spring cleaning
All this warm weather have you itching to start your spring cleaning? Joyner is here to take some of those items off your hands.
- Don’t forget to recycle ALL kinds of dried up markers through the Crayola Colorcycle Program. Bring them to Mr. Fotta’s room and look for the colorful collection bin!
- Bring your spare Legos to technology teacher Jennifer Bell for use with Stop Motion movies and a new Maker Space. Any and all donations would be hugely appreciated and can be dropped off at the Joyner technology lab in the media center. Contact Ms. Bell at email@example.com with questions.
- Donate new and used shoes for Mr. Fotta’s collection to support his family’s adoption trip — collection bins are in the front lobby and beside the art classroom.
Help guide language arts curriculum for WCPSS
Wake County Public School System wants your input about the English/language arts curriculum in grades 3-8. In these sessions, you will be asked to review some very high quality curriculum resources to be introduced in our schools beginning next year. Teachers and other school professionals will be on hand to guide you through the process. Sessions are set for through March 2 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. and are open to parents and community members. See the WCPSS website for details and locations.
Read Across America event
In celebration of Read Across America Day, Brier Creek Commons and the North Carolina Association of Educators are hosting a Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast with the Cat. The event is Saturday, March 4, from 9:30 a.m. to noon in the Barnes & Noble parking area. Breakfast is sponsored by RISE and costs $6, with a portion of the proceeds going to the NC Foundation for Public School Children. Click here for details. [This event is not affiliated with the PTA.]
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Mrs. Hutchinson’s blog
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Mr. Fotta’s adoption site
- March 1: TEK Club registration, 8-8:30 a.m.
- March 2: Run Club, 3-4 p.m.
- March 3: Carlotta Santana Dance Ensemble performance for all grades
- March 5: Joyner 5K
- March 9: Student-led conferences (sign up in your class Hub)
- March 20-24: Writer-in-residents with 4th graders
- March 22: Number Drummer performance for all grades
- March 23: Spirit Night at United Skates, 6-8:30 p.m.
- March 31: Snow make-up day (school is in session)
- April 10-14: Spring break