Thank you to all our Joyner families who came out to support our annual Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A! Proceeds help fund the important programs of our PTA. Thanks, Joyner!
Race Results and JYJ 5K T-Shirts
Thank you so much to everyone who came out to the 2018 JYJ 5K on Sunday! Our own Ms. Westarp took a ton of amazing pictures at the finish line — check them out on MemberHub. We love to see the smiling faces after such a great accomplishment. Click here to see your family’s race times and beam with pride over all that hard work.
Please congratulate the 5K winners. They each received a prize from our friends at Omega Sports North Hills:
- Overall girl winner — Penny Choy
- Overall boy winner — Sellars Compton
- 5th grade girl — Dixon Widmayer
- 5th grade boy — Broder Swenson
- 4th grade girl — Louisa Betz
- 4th grade boy — Jim Ryan
- 3rd grade girl — Maddie Rosen
- 3rd grade boy — William Snider
- 2nd grade girl — Tilley Sedaca and Lindsay Compton
- 2nd grade boy — Nolan Wolitski
- 1st grade girl — Kamila Graham
- 1st grade boy — Evan Choy
- Kindergarten girl — Hazel Robin and Kennedy Becker
- Kindergarten boy — Julian Rosen
- Faculty — Mrs. Wilcox
The JYJ PTA thanks all our volunteers who made this a great event for JYJ students, families, teachers and friends. We’ve had lots of positive comments, and we appreciate your role in making it a fun experience for everyone!
We did end up with extra t-shirts in all sizes (Youth Small-Adult XXL) except Adult Small. T-shirts are $5 each. Place your order by emailing Arinn Widmayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 5K could not happen without the support of our sponsors and friends. Their contributions are so important to our school. Thank you!
Congratulations to Joyner Odyssey of the Mind Teams
Students: Sam Circosta, Ryder Cloninger, Arlie Harper, Avery Mann, Rachel Percenti, Noah Swindell, Quincy Swindell
Students: Nova Alexander-Smith, Marcus Cadet, Savannah Catlin, Leah Circosta, Sam Harper, McLain Jones, Louella Vuncannon
Barre 3 Foundation Donation Class THIS Thursday, March 8
Yearbook Club Pictures and Class Pictures Coming Up
Time to Order Yearbooks – through March 20
Capture those precious memories and order your child’s JYJ yearbook today! Flyers came home in the Wednesday folders or you can order online at www.ybpay.lifetouch.com. Joyner’s yearbook ID code is 10746718. No extra yearbooks will be purchased, so please order yours now through March 20. Questions? Contact Claren Englebreth at email@example.com.
Create a family heirloom (or just make your child happy)
Save the Date for Night of Nonsense
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- Kroger card link (NPO number is 86044)
- Mar. 8: Barre 3 class fundraiser for the JYJ Foundation, 7:00 pm
- Mar. 9: Black Box Dance performances (whole school)
- Mar. 12: Club and class photos for yearbook
- Mar. 12-16: Tony Peacock, writer-in-residence (4th graders)
- Mar. 29: Snow make-up day. School is in session.
- Mar. 30: Holiday
- Apr. 2-6: Spring Break
- Apr. 12: Spring pictures and class photos from LifeTouch
- Apr. 26: PTA general membership meeting, 6:15 pm, and Spring performance, 6:45 pm
- May 3: JYJ Foundation Fiesta
- May 5: Science Olympiad division tournament
- May 8: Teacher appreciation luncheon
- May 17: Night of Nonsense
- TBD: Kindergarten orientation
- TBD: Field Day
- May 28: Holiday
- June 7: 5th grade graduation
- June 11: Last day of school and kickball game
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.