Still a couple End of Grade tests (EOGs) for fourth and fifth graders this week. Be sure your child is well-rested and eats breakfast.
- Fourth graders will test today (Reading) and tomorrow (Math).
- Fifth graders will test tomorrow (Science).
- Make-up test days are today and Friday.
Read to Achieve testing for third graders is next Monday.
Rising Kindergarten Parent Event this Friday
Fifth Grade Graduation Details
Attention parents of fifth graders! Here’s your end-of-school check list:
- Fifth Grade Graduation will be held next Thursday, June 7:
- 8:15-8:50 am: Graduates and their families (no Joyner siblings, please) are invited for a pre-program reception in the cafeteria. Light refreshments will be served.
- 9 am: Graduation Celebration outside in the carpool loop
- 11 am-1 pm: Celebration lunch in the carpool loop. Pizza lunch will be provided for 5th graders, and slices for family members who pre-order and pay using the form that went home in backpacks at the end of last week.
- Kick-ball game (fifth graders vs. teachers) will be June 8.
- Please have your child wear his or her 5th grade t-shirt.
- Graduation Party at North Hills Club on Friday evening, June 8, is FREE and open to all JYJ 5th graders! Click here for information in Spanish.
- 7 pm – 9 pm. Please drop off your child at 7:00 and pick him/her up promptly at 9:00.
- North Hills Club Ballroom, 4824 Yadkin Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609
- Light refreshments, dressy casual attire, DJ with age-appropriate music
- Chaperones will be in attendance
- No swimming allowed; No siblings
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
The letter that came home last week also included information on how to donate to the Fifth Grade Class Gift to Joyner, which will be a station to fill water bottles attached to the water fountain on the fifth grade hall.
Summer Camp Opportunities – Rising Kindergartners Welcome!
Ms. Cameron, Mr. Fotta and Mr. Poyer’s STEAM, art and PE camps are open to ANY rising kindergartners through 5th grade and run from 9-noon and 1-4 pm. Supervised before care (8-9am), lunch (12-1pm) and after care (4-5pm) included at no extra cost. Camp dates are July 23-27, July 30-Aug 3 and Aug 6-10. To download registration form, click here.
Ms. Johnson and Ms. Forbes are offering half-day kindergarten readiness camps June 25-29, July 23-27, and Aug 6-10 for rising Kinders. July 30-Aug. 3 is First Grade Refresher week. Click here to learn more and click here to download the registration form.
Lunch and Learn: What Every Parent Needs to Know About…
… Starting Kindergarten!
On June 14, Dr. MariaRosa Rangel will address the most common parent and child concerns about the big move to kindergarten and set parents up for success in supporting their student.
Location: NCPTA Headquarters, 3501 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27612
Lunch will be provided. There is limited seating for the Lunch and Learn Series so register today!
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- Kroger card link (NPO number is 86044)
- May 25 – June 1: End of Grade testing (EOGs)
- May 28: Holiday – No School
- June 1: Rising K parent drop-in, 8-10 am
- June 4: Read to Achieve testing – 3rd grade only
- June 7: 5th grade graduation events, 8:15 am – 1 pm
- June 8: Last day of school and 5th grade vs. teachers kickball game!
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.