This Week’s News Flash:
- Family STEM Night
- Get Ready for Joyner Jamboree
- No Fuss Fundraiser
- Friendly Reminders
Be sure to check out the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Also you can view the school and PTA calendar at (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar. Want to learn or refresh on JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed.
College of Engineering Family STEM Night on October 3rd!Bring your family and join in on the fun! From 6pm-7:15pm in the Joyner Cafeteria. This event will be hosted by N.C. State Graduate Engineering students and is a wonderful opportunity for our kids to explore the world of science, technology, engineering and math!
Get Ready for JYJ Jamboree Oct. 18th
Mark your calendars and clear your schedules, the Joyner Jamboree is October 18th from 5:30 – 8 p.m. All of the fun favorites are back for this annual family event! Wristbands are $5 for kids (adults free) to enjoy all the activities. Food trucks will also be on site for you to purchase dinner separately.
Avoid the lines and buy your wristbands in advance – they will be available for purchase at school during the week of the event from 8-8:30 each day. Online sales are also available now on Memberhub. Just present your receipt at the check-in table. Tickets will be available for purchase the night of the event (small bills please!).
Volunteering at the event is always a blast, so click to sign up on MemberHub and be a part of the action! Positions are available for both youth and adult volunteers. Pick one shift and then relax for the rest of the event. We are also seeking a few Joyner alums (middle and high schoolers!) to help out in the Haunted Hallway! To volunteer for the Hallway, contact Kenya Reynard directly at email@example.com or (919)491-0120. Supporting Joyner is Just a Click Away – Join the PTA and our No Fuss Fundraiser! Thanks to all who have taken the step to join the Joyner PTA and to give to the No Fuss Fundraiser! Every dollar given above and beyond the membership fee goes directly back to Joyner to support the many great programs, grants and events that make our school so special. Take this quick and easy opportunity to show your support and donate today. We are grateful for your support and commitment to Joyner! Friendly reminders:
- Don’t forget to register as WCPSS Volunteer by 10/30 – Interested in volunteering or chaperoning a field trip this year? If so, you must complete the required Volunteer Registration by Oct. 30th from a WCPSS computer. Feel free to visit Joyner’s media center in the morning or afternoon to complete your registration by the 10/30 deadline.
- Fall TEK Clubs – It’s not too late to register as some clubs have open spots. Please contact TEK for more information. Clubs run on Wednesdays October 16-November 20. Duval Fisher, 919-612-2982.
- Sports After School with Coach Scott – Open for students K-5 and is held on Tuesdays immediately after school playing a variety of sports, fun games and activities that emphasize sportsmanship, teamwork and fun for all! The program runs for 4 consecutive weeks and cost is $60. The first session will kick off as soon as Kiwanis Park is completed and there are currently 4-5 spots available. Coach Scott picks up children from the walker hallway and escorts them directly down to Kiwanis to play. Pick up time is 4:30 at Kiwanis parking lot and for those in Joyner after school program, he walks the students back up to school. Contact Coach Scott with questions and to register.
- Oct. 7: Fall Picture Day
- Oct. 9: Teacher Workday
- Oct. 11: Teacher Appreciation Day/Theme:”We Couldn’t Have Picked Better Teachers and Staff”. (Ideas: Bring in their favorite fruit/snack, bring in their favorite flower)
- Oct. 18: Joyner Jamboree
- Nov. 1: Teacher Workday
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.