This Week’s News Flash:
- Annual Joyner Jamboree
- Science Go Round
- PTA & No Fuss Fundraiser Makes A Difference
- Friendly Reminders
Be sure to check out the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Also you can view the school and PTA calendar at (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar. Want to learn or refresh on JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed.
JYJ Jamboree is Almost Here!
Mark your calendars and clear your schedules, the Joyner Jamboree is October 18th from 5:30 – 8 p.m. Avoid the lines and buy your wristbands in advance. Wristbands are $5 for kids (adults free) to enjoy all the activities. Food trucks will be on site for you to purchase dinner separately.
Several ways to purchase your Jamboree tickets:
- Purchase Online on Memberhub and just present your receipt at the check-in table
- At school in lobby the week of Oct 14-18th from 8:00-8:30 a.m. each day
- The night of the event (bring small bills please!)
Volunteering at the event is always a blast, so click to sign up on MemberHub and be a part of the action! Pick one shift and then relax for the rest of the event. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Teacher Appreciation Day – October 11th
Let’s show our teachers some extra love and appreciation on October 11th – our theme for the day is “We Couldn’t Have Picked Better Teachers and Staff”. Every teacher has filled out their “Favorite Things” sheet which will be available through each Room Parent. Please remember these are only suggestions, you are always welcome to pamper your teacher however you like. Also each class will be showering one of the JYJ staff members with appreciation as well – your room parent will be in touch on who your class will be recognizing.
Science Go RoundWe are looking for some new members for our Science Go Round team! This year’s event is scheduled for Friday, November 8th and we need committee members to help finalize the details of the event. Please contact Katie Calvillo at email@example.com if you are able to help. PTA Membership & Your No Fuss Donation Makes An ImpactThanks to all who have taken the step to join the Joyner PTA and to give to the No Fuss Fundraiser! Every dollar given above and beyond the membership fee goes directly back to Joyner to support the critical investments in updated technology, programs, grants and events that make our school so special. Take this quick and easy opportunity to show your support and donate today. We are grateful for your support and commitment to Joyner! Friendly reminders:
- Don’t forget to register as WCPSS Volunteer by 10/30 – Interested in volunteering or chaperoning a field trip this year? If so, you must complete the required Volunteer Registration by Oct. 30thfrom a WCPSS computer. Feel free to visit Joyner’s media center in the morning or afternoon to complete your registration by the 10/30 deadline.
- TEK clubs have a few spots open this Fall! Clubs will run on 6 consecutive Wednesdays: October 16-November 20 and clubs run from 3:30-4:45 p.m. TEK supervises students prior to clubs beginning. Clubs offered for students K-5 and cost is $140 for 6 sessions. Please contact TEK to register or for more information. Duval Fisher, 919-612-2982.
- Sports After School with Coach Scott – Open for students K-5 and is held on Tuesdays immediately after school playing a variety of sports, fun games and activities that emphasize sportsmanship, teamwork and fun for all! The program runs for 4 consecutive weeks and cost is $60. The first session will kick off as soon as Kiwanis Park is completed and there are currently 4-5 spots available. Coach Scott picks up children from the walker hallway and escorts them directly down to Kiwanis to play. Pick up time is 4:30 at Kiwanis parking lot and for those in Joyner after school program, he walks the students back up to school. Contact Coach Scott with questions and to register.
- Oct. 9: Teacher Workday
- Oct. 11: Teacher Appreciation Day/Theme:”We Couldn’t Have Picked Better Teachers and Staff”
- Oct. 18: Joyner Jamboree
- Nov. 1: Teacher Workday
- Nov. 14: JYJ Foundation’s “Gym Jam” (held during recess for all students to participate)
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.