IB Learner Profile Trait for October … Caring.
Learners show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and in the world around us.
This Week’s News Flash:
- Annual Joyner Jamboree
- Deadline to register as school volunteer
- PTA & No Fuss Fundraiser Makes A Difference
- Friendly Reminders
Be sure to check out the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Also you can view the school and PTA calendar at (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar. Want to learn or refresh on JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed.
JYJ Jamboree is Here – Don’t miss it!
It’s here … this Friday Oct.18th from 5:30-8 p.m. is Joyner’s annual Jamboree! Avoid the lines and buy your wristbands in advance. Wristbands are $5 for kids (adults free) to enjoy all the activities. Food trucks will be on site for you to purchase dinner separately.
Several ways to purchase your Jamboree tickets:
- Purchase Online on Memberhub and present your receipt at the check-in table
- At school this week from 8:00-8:30 a.m. each day
- The night of the event (bring small bills please!)
Have you completed your WCPSS volunteer registration?
Don’t forget that registration is required for all those interested in volunteering with the school this year – that includes all activities like field trips, classroom support, etc. Visit Joyner’s media center to complete this important quick and easy process – deadline is October 30th.
Yearbook Pictures Wanted!
Think Spanish Dancing, First Day of School, Joyner Jamboree … your pictures from these great school events are wanted so we may add them to the JYJ yearbook. Email your photos to email@example.com. Imagine how excited you and your kids will be to see their pictures in this annual keepsake! Thanks in advance for your help!
Contest to Design the JYJ Yearbook Cover
Want to design the Joyner yearbook cover? Get those colored pens & markers out and start drawing! Requirements for entry are the following:
- Must be in color
- Must be 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper
- Must be in portrait orientation (landscape will be not be accepted).
Submit your Joyner themed covers to your teacher or front office by Tuesday, Nov. 19th. JYJ staff will vote and the winner will be announced in mid December.
- Click now to join the Joyner PTA and donate to the No Fuss Fundraiser. Every dollar given above and beyond the membership fee goes directly back to Joyner and is vital to invest in technology, programs and events for the school. We thank you for your support of JYJ!
- Science Go Round – Interested in being a part of Science Go Round? This year’s event is scheduled for Friday, November 8th and we need committee members to help finalize the details of the event. Contact Katie Calvillo if you are able to help.
- Sports After School with Coach Scott – Open for students K-5 and is held on Tuesdays immediately after school with a variety of sports, fun games and activities! Program runs 4 consecutive weeks and cost is $60. Contact Coach Scott with questions and to register.
- Oct. 18: Joyner Jamboree 5:30- 8:00 p.m.
- Oct. 31: Make-up Day for Students and Staff
- Nov. 1: Teacher Workday
- Nov. 14: JYJ Foundation’s “Gym Jam” (held during recess for all students to participate)
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.