IB Learner Profile Trait for October … Caring.
Learners show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and in the world around us.
This Week’s News Flash:
- Media Center Volunteers
- Volunteer Registration Deadline
- JYJ Yearbook
- Final days for No Fuss Fundraiser
Be sure to check out the bottom of each week’s NewsFlash for upcoming important dates. Also you can view the school and PTA calendar at (https://joynerpta.com/calendar/) and link it to your own Google Calendar. Want to learn or refresh on JYJ lingo? Check out our glossary of terms to get up to speed.
Media Center Volunteers Needed
We need 3-5 volunteers each week to help check-in and put away books in the media center. Volunteers can help at any time during the day and it only takes 5 minutes to get trained. Interested or have questions? Reach out to Katie Catlin or Ms. Hale to learn more!
Deadline is approaching…Don’t miss it!
Have you completed your WCPSS volunteer registration? Don’t forget that registration is required for all those interested in volunteering with the school this year – that includes all activities like field trips, classroom support, etc. Visit Joyner’s media center to complete this important quick and easy process – deadline is October 30th.
JYJ Yearbook…Fun Opportunities to Bring it to Life!
- Share your Pictures – Send us your fun pics from Jamboree (or other recent school events) to include in this year’s edition. Email photos to email@example.com. Imagine how excited you and your kids will be to see their pictures in this special annual keepsake!
- Enter Contest to Design the Yearbook Cover – Want to design the Joyner yearbook cover? Get those colored pens & markers out and start drawing! Submit your Joyner themed covers to your teacher or front office by Tuesday, Nov. 19th. JYJ staff will vote and the winner will be announced in mid December. Requirements for entry are the following:
- Must be in color
- Must be 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper
- Must be in portrait orientation (landscape will be not be accepted).
You Make a Difference! JYJ is extremely grateful for the support received in our No Fuss Fundraiser. Take this quick and easy step to join us in meeting (and exceeding our goal!) to ensure JYJ has the resources it needs to deliver all the great programming, technology and events we have come to know and love! Click here to donate now!
Help us reach our goal of $25,000 by donating today (we are so close!). Thank you for your support of JYJ!
- Oct. 31: Make-up Day for Students and Staff
- Nov. 1: Teacher Workday
- Nov. 14: JYJ Foundation’s “Gym Jam” (held during recess for all students to participate)
- Joyner PTA website
- Joyner glossary of terms
- J.Y. Joyner Foundation website
- Join the JYJ MemberHub
- Join the Wake County PTA MemberHub
- WCPSS email alerts and newsletters
- Lunch menus
- My School Bucks (lunch money app)
- WCPSS Online School Payments (for field trips)
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
- Joyner Amazon Smile shopping account
- Harris Teeter VIC card link (number 1988)
- JYJ Shutterfly Shopping Account
The NewsFlash is produced (almost) every week by the Joyner PTA communications chair. Have an announcement to include in a future edition of the NewsFlash? Submit your article via this form. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @pta_joyner.