*Please note that the school board made a calendar change that impacts the schedule this week. May 3rd- May 7th is a full week of learning (in-person) for students. There will no longer be an asynchronous day on May 5th. May 13th is noted as a remote learning/ asynchronous learning day.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- May’s Learning Profile Trait: Reflective
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- EOG Testing Dates
- Summer Camp Offerings
- Calendar Reminders
Learner Profile Trait for May: ReflectiveWe thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development. “WE CANNOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SAME THINKING WE USED WHEN WE CREATED THEM.” ALBERT EINSTEIN Consider how can I be reflective in my everyday life in school and at home. Adults: model your own reflections for students to understand how reflection can look, feel and be helpful for them.
Teacher Appreciation Week (May 3-7)
Let’s show our teachers and staff some love! May 3-7 is Teacher Appreciation Week. Be creative and have some fun spoiling our amazing teachers. Please don’t forget our specialists, office, and support staff.
- Cinco de Mayo Wednesday– The PTA will provide the staff with a yummy Mexican lunch.
- Thirsty Thursday- The PTA will fill the staff with a personalized JYJ cup filled with treats. If you’re feeling extra generous, you could give your teacher a gift card to their favorite coffee shop or restaurant.
- Floral Friday- Bring your teacher a plant, hand-picked flowers, or something with a floral pattern.
EOG Testing Dates:
- Tuesday, May 25– 3rd Grade ELA
- Wednesday, May 26–(all VA) 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades ELA
- Thursday, May 27– 4th and 5th Grade ELA
- Friday, May 28–3rd Grade Math and (VA) 5th Grade Math
- Wednesday, June 2–4th and 5th Grade Math
- Thursday, June 3–5th Grade Science(both Plan B and VA)
- Friday, June 4–(VA) 3rd and (VA) 4th Grade Math and Read to Achieve (3rd Grade only)
- Monday, June 6–Make ups
- Tuesday, June 7–Make ups
Summer Camp OfferingsWe’re excited to share that the following summer camps are available for registration.
- Kinder Readiness: July 12-July 16
- Fourth Grade Refresher: July 19-23 and 26 -30
- First Grade Refresher: Aug 2-6
These will be led by Ms. Kate Johnson (4th Grade Teacher). Contact Ms. Johnston directly for questions and registration details.
Know any rising Kindergarten families? Please help us spread the word!
- May 3-7 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5 – Virtual Kindergarten Orientation 12:00-12:30
- May 13 – Asynchronous Day/Remote Learning
- May 25-June 7 – EOG Testing Days
- May 26- Asynchronous Day
- May 31 – Holiday, School Closed
- June 10 – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony (More info to come to 5th grade families)
- June 10 – Last Day of School