Reminder: Thursday, May 13th is an Asynchronous Day. No students will report to school Thursday.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- Parent Helpers Needed – EOG Testing
- Health Screening Weekly Reminder
- Summer Camp Offerings
- Learning Profile Trait for May
- Calendar Reminders
Parent Helpers Needed – EOG testing
We need proctors to help with testing in smaller groups of usually no more than 6 students.
If you think you can help with testing this year, please contact Ann Truax.
A short proctor training session (20-30 minutes) is required for volunteers. The first session is on May 13th at 1:00PM at Joyner, and the second is virtual, on May 17th at 3:45PM.
The testing schedule is listed below. Testing usually starts at 8:45AM, so volunteers need to be at school by 8:30. Any help on any of the testing days would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance and have a great day!
- Tuesday, May 25 — 3rd ELA (Plan B students)
- Wednesday, May 26 — 3rd, 4th and 5th ELA (VA students)
- Thursday, May 27 — 4th and 5th ELA (Plan B students)
- Friday, May 28 — 3rd Math (Plan B) and 5th Math (VA students)
- Wednesday, June 2 — 4th and 5th Math (Plan B)
- Thursday, June 3 — 5th Science (Plan B and VA students)
- Friday, June 4 — 3rd and 4th Math (VA students) RTA
- Monday, June 6–Make ups
- Tuesday, June 7–Make ups
Health Screening Weekly Reminder
In accordance with CDC and DCDHHS guidance, WCPSS schools are no longer screening students for symptoms of Covid-19 upon arrival. However, we still need your assistance in ensuring students do not come to campus with symptoms.
Students should not be in school if they are diagnosed with COVID-19, exposed to someone with COVID-19, instructed to quarantine, or if they are sick or experiencing any of these symptoms:
- 100.4° fever or higher
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
Summer Camp OfferingsWe’re excited to share that the following summer camps are available for registration.
- Kinder Readiness: July 12-July 16
- Fourth Grade Refresher: July 19-23 and 26 -30
- First Grade Refresher: Aug 2-6
These will be led by Ms. Kate Johnson (4th Grade Teacher). Contact Ms. Johnston directly for questions and registration details.
Know any rising Kindergarten families? Please help us spread the word!
*Space is limited to 10 students per camp.
Learner Profile Trait for May: ReflectiveWe thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development. “WE CANNOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SAME THINKING WE USED WHEN WE CREATED THEM.” ALBERT EINSTEIN Consider how can I be reflective in my everyday life in school and at home. Adults: model your own reflections for students to understand how reflection can look, feel and be helpful for them.
- May 13 – Asynchronous Day/Remote Learning
- May 25-June 7 – EOG Testing Days
- May 26- Asynchronous Day
- May 31 – Holiday, School Closed
- June 10 – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony (More info to come to 5th grade families)
- June 10 – Last Day of School