Updated Second Semester Calendar as of May
In this Week’s News Flash:
- Connecting Parents to Opportunities – PTA Parent Survey
- EOG Testing Dates
- Joyner Dine Out Night – May 26th
- Lost & Found
- JYJ Outdoor Ceremony and Celebration for 5th grade students
- Summer Camp Offerings
- Calendar Reminders
Looking ahead — how will you get involved?
Fellow JYJ parents, we need your talents and energy!
Next year might just be closer to normal; if it is, the PTA will be able to have the programs and events that weren’t possible during the pandemic. There’s one final PTA initiative to end the 2020-2021 school year.
Please take a few minutes and complete this survey: https://bit.ly/3uDmREO
Completing the survey is not a commitment. We’ll use the information to connect with you directly. We want ALL parents, and especially those who are new to JYJ, to be aware of the many volunteer opportunities available. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING JOYNER ELEMENTARY! –Andrew Jones, PTA President
EOG Testing Dates:
- Tuesday, May 25– 3rd Grade ELA
- Wednesday, May 26–(all VA) 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades ELA
- Thursday, May 27– 4th and 5th Grade ELA
- Friday, May 28–3rd Grade Math and (VA) 5th Grade Math
- Wednesday, June 2–4th and 5th Grade Math
- Thursday, June 3–5th Grade Science(both Plan B and VA)
- Friday, June 4–(VA) 3rd and (VA) 4th Grade Math and Read to Achieve (3rd Grade only)
- Monday, June 6–Make ups
- Tuesday, June 7–Make ups
Last Dine Out Night – Chipotle North Hills Wednesday, May 26th
Join us Wednesday, May 26th for the Joyner Foundation’s FINAL Dine Out Night of the school year at Chipotle in North Hills! Orders can be placed in person, online or through the app and 33% of the proceeds will be donated back to the Joyner Foundation!
What to know about our Dine Out Night:
- WHERE: Chipotle in North Hills at 4421 Six Forks Road, Suite 120 in Raleigh
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 26th between 5:00pm and 9:00pm
- HOW: You can place your order in one of three ways!
- In person at the store – simply show them the below flyer or just tell the cashier that your supporting the Joyner Foundation
- Online – Go to Chipotle.com and during checkout, enter promo code “K39DAF4”
- Chipotle app – Within the Chipotle app, enter promo code “K39DAF4” at checkout
- PLEASE NOTE: All online orders and orders through the Chipotle app must be within our scheduled hours and only at the North Hills Chipotle location. All orders must also be PICKUP. Delivery orders or orders placed through other apps will not be counted.
Lost & Found
We have a great deal of lost and found items at school. We will be posting some of these items on our instagram page. If you see your child’s items, please let us know so we can return them to you.
JYJ Outdoor Ceremony and Celebration for 5th Grade Students
5th Grade Families … We are excited to host our final day with our JYJ’s with an in-person outdoor ceremony.
Due to safety restrictions, guests will be limited as we still must adhere to contact tracing guidelines. Detailed information will be sent to families on Monday.
At this time, we will host two classes at a time for each ceremony.
- 9:00- 9:45 (Mrs. West and Ms. Brook’s classes)
- 10:30- 11:15 (Mrs. Sawyer and Mrs. Wilcox’s classes)
Summer Camp OfferingsWe’re excited to share that the following summer camps are available for registration.
- Kinder Readiness: July 12-July 16
- Fourth Grade Refresher: July 19-23 and 26 -30
- First Grade Refresher: Aug 2-6
These will be led by Ms. Kate Johnson (4th Grade Teacher). Contact Ms. Johnston directly for questions and registration details.
Know any rising Kindergarten families? Please help us spread the word!
(Contact info in email) *Space is limited to 10 students per camp.
- May 25 – June 7 – EOG Testing Days
- May 26- Asynchronous Day
- May 26 – Foundation Dine Out Night – Chipotle North Hills, 5-9 p.m.
- May 31 – Holiday, School Closed
- June 10 – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony – 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- June 10 – Last Day of School
Learner Profile Trait for May: ReflectiveWe thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development. “WE CANNOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SAME THINKING WE USED WHEN WE CREATED THEM.” ALBERT EINSTEIN Consider how can I be reflective in my everyday life in school and at home. Adults: model your own reflections for students to understand how reflection can look, feel and be helpful for them.