Reminder: Wednesday, May 26th is our final Asynchronous Day. No students will report to school today.
In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- Dine Out Night Tonight @ Chipotle North Hills
- EOG Testing Schedule
- Parent Interest Survey – 2021-22 PTA Volunteer Opportunities
- School Supply Packs for 2021-22 School Year – Order deadline 6/13/21
- Summer Camp Opportunities
- JYJ Ceremony and Celebration for 5th Grade Students
- All Students Will Receive Free School Meals For 2021-22 School Year
- Calendar Reminders
Last Dine Out Night Tonight @ Chipotle North Hills 5-9 p.m.
Join us tonight, Wed. May 26th for the Joyner Foundation’s FINAL Dine Out Night of the school year at Chipotle in North Hills! Orders can be placed in person, online or through the app and 33% of the proceeds will be donated back to the Joyner Foundation!
What to know about our Dine Out Night:
- WHERE: Chipotle in North Hills at 4421 Six Forks Road, Suite 120 in Raleigh
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 26th between 5:00pm and 9:00pm
- HOW: You can place your order in one of three ways!
- In person at the store – simply show them the below flyer or just tell the cashier that your supporting the Joyner Foundation
- Online – Go to Chipotle.com and during checkout, enter promo code “K39DAF4”
- Chipotle app – Within the Chipotle app, enter promo code “K39DAF4” at checkout
Note: All online orders and orders through the Chipotle app must be within our scheduled hours and only at the North Hills Chipotle location. All orders must also be PICKUP. Delivery orders or orders placed through other apps will not be counted.
EOG Testing Continues
*It is important that your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast in the morning. Make sure all students arrive at school on time and note that our staff is limited to answering the front door throughout the day due to coverage for testing. We appreciate all of our parents that have volunteered and been cleared to assist us with proctoring. A special shoutout to Mrs. Ann Truax for all of her hard work coordinating our testing schedule and preparing for our EOG’s.
- Wednesday, May 26–(all VA) 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades ELA
- Thursday, May 27– 4th and 5th Grade ELA
- Friday, May 28–3rd Grade Math and (VA) 5th Grade Math
- Wednesday, June 2–4th and 5th Grade Math
- Thursday, June 3–5th Grade Science(both Plan B and VA)
- Friday, June 4–(VA) 3rd and (VA) 4th Grade Math and Read to Achieve (3rd Grade only)
- Monday, June 6–Make ups
- Tuesday, June 7–Make ups
JYJ Parents We Need Your Talents and Energy!
We are excited for a fun year together next year and would love to connect with our amazing JYJ community. Please see the link provided if you are interested in volunteering for the 2021-2022 school year. There are so many different opportunities to connect and celebrate as a school family.
Joyner PTA Volunteer Interest Form
Completing the survey is not a commitment. We’ll use the information to connect with you directly. We want ALL parents, and especially those who are new to JYJ, to be aware of the many volunteer opportunities available. Thank you for supporting JYJ Elementary! –Andrew Jones, PTA President
Pre-Order Your School Supplies for 2021-22 School Year
Joyner has partnered with EPI for our 2021-22 School Supply Program. Avoid the hassle of back to school supply shopping and get everything on your list.
To order click here and enter school ID JOY014. Select the grade your child will be in next year and place your order. Deadline for orders is 6/13/21.
The items and brands in each pack are selected by our school to meet the requirements of our teachers. Don’t miss out and order today!
Your Favorite Summer Camps Are Back!
Kinder Readiness: July 12-July 16
Fourth Grade Refresher: July 19-23 and 26 -30
First Grade Refresher: Aug 2-6
These will be led by Ms. Kate Johnson (4th Grade Teacher). Contact Ms. Johnston directly for questions and registration details. Space is limited to 10 students per camp. (Contact info in email). ——————————————————
Get Physical with Mr. Poyer and Get Crafty with Ms. Cameron!
PE Camp – Come spend an active week playing our favorite games, as well as learn some new ones.
Crafty Concoctions Camp – Campers will use science, art and culinary skills to create fun projects.
Click here to view and download the Summer camp info and registration form to register your students. After you complete the form. (Contact info in email)
JYJ Outdoor Ceremony and Celebration for 5th Grade Students
5th Grade Families … We are excited to host our final day with our JYJ’s with an in-person outdoor ceremony.
Due to safety restrictions, guests will be limited as we still must adhere to contact tracing guidelines. Detailed information will be sent to families on Monday.
At this time, we will host two classes at a time for each ceremony.
- 9:00- 9:45 (Mrs. West and Ms. Brook’s classes)
- 10:30- 11:15 (Mrs. Sawyer and Mrs. Wilcox’s classes)
We look forward to celebrating our amazing 5th graders soon! Please see our schedule below.
June 10th- 5th Grade Celebration Details
|8:45 am||Parade in the Building|
|9:00 am – 9:45 am||Moving Up Ceremony for Mrs. West & Ms. Brooks|
|9:45 am – 10:15 am||Pictures and Transition|
|10:30 am-11:15 am||Moving Up Ceremony for Mrs. Sawyer & Mrs. Wilcox|
|11:15 am-11:45 am||Pictures and Transition|
|12:00 pm – 1:30||Lunch & Fellowship (under the overhang); Limited Approved Volunteers due to restriction guidelines|
|1:30 pm – 3:00 pm||Classroom Closeout|
All Students Will Receive Free School Meals For 2021-22 School Year
Breakfast and lunch will be available at no cost to students for the 2021-22 school year. While the district may be able to offer free meals to all students, it is very important for eligible parents to complete a meal benefits application because this data enables schools to obtain funding to provide other important educational resources to benefit students.
Other benefits that are issued directly to families that have applied and are eligible for meal benefits may also be available (such as the P-EBT cash benefit). Meal benefits applications for the 2021-22 school year will be available online at myschoolapps.com starting July 1, 2021. Paper applications will also be available at all schools. More: www.wcpss.net/free-reduced-meals.
- May 26- Asynchronous Day
- May 26 – Foundation Dine Out Night – Chipotle North Hills, 5-9 p.m.
- May 31 – Holiday, School Closed
- June 10 – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony – 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- June 10 – Last Day of School
Lost & Found: We have a great deal of lost and found items at school. We will be posting some of these items on our instagram page. If you see your child’s items, please let us know so we can return them to you.
WJYJ News: Check out our latest segments from our dedicated team of JYJ news reporters! 5/18 WJYJ News, 5/19 WJYJ News, 5/20 WJYJ News, 5/21 WJYJ News