In this Week’s NewsFlash:
- EOG Testing Schedule
- End of Year Materials Collection
- Pre-Order 2021-22 School Supplies
- JYJ Outdoor Ceremony and Celebration for 5th Grade Students
- Volunteer Opportunities for 21-22 School Year
- Summer Camps Available
- Calendar Reminders
EOG Testing Continues
- Wednesday, June 2–4th and 5th Grade Math
- Thursday, June 3–5th Grade Science(both Plan B and VA)
- Friday, June 4–(VA) 3rd and (VA) 4th Grade Math and Read to Achieve (3rd Grade only)
- Monday, June 6–Make ups
- Tuesday, June 7–Make ups
End of School Year Materials Return & Collection:
Students will need to locate and prepare to return the following materials:
EL texts and your math manipulative kits (from your child’s materials bag). Please see the following link for what needs to be returned: Materials Collection
Families who have WCPSS hotspots will need to return them to school by 6/11; they can be returned sooner if you no longer need them. WCPSS laptops do NOT need to be returned if your student is attending a WCPSS school next year.
Pre-Order Your School Supplies for 2021-22 School Year
Joyner has partnered with EPI for our 2021-22 School Supply Program. Avoid the hassle of back to school supply shopping and get everything on your list.
To order click here and enter school ID JOY014. Select the grade your child will be in next year and place your order. Deadline for orders is 6/13/21.
The items and brands in each pack are selected by our school to meet the requirements of our teachers. Don’t miss out and order today!
JYJ Outdoor Ceremony and Celebration for 5th Grade Students
5th Grade Families … We are excited to host our final day with our JYJ’s with an in-person outdoor ceremony.
Due to safety restrictions, guests will be limited as we still must adhere to contact tracing guidelines. Detailed information will be sent to families on Monday.
At this time, we will host two classes at a time for each ceremony.
- 9:00- 9:45 (Mrs. West and Ms. Brook’s classes)
- 10:30- 11:15 (Mrs. Sawyer and Mrs. Wilcox’s classes)
We look forward to celebrating our amazing 5th graders soon! Please see our schedule below.
June 10th- 5th Grade Celebration Details
- 8:45 am- Parade in the Building
- 9:00-9:45 am – Moving Up Ceremony for Mrs. West & Ms. Brooks
- 9:45-10:15 am – Pictures and Transition
- 10:30-11:15 am – Moving Up Ceremony for Mrs. Sawyer & Mrs. Wilcox
- 11:15-11:45 am – Pictures and Transition
- 12:00-1:30 pm – Lunch & Fellowship (under the overhang); Limited Approved Volunteers due to restriction guidelines
- 1:30-3:00 pm – Classroom Closeout
Interested in volunteering next year?
We are excited for a fun year together and would love to connect with our amazing JYJ community. Please see the link provided if you are interested in volunteering.
There are so many great and diverse opportunities to connect and celebrate as a school family! Joyner PTA Volunteer Interest Form
Your Favorite Summer Camps Are Back!
Kinder Readiness: July 12-July 16
Fourth Grade Refresher: July 19-23 and 26 -30
First Grade Refresher: Aug 2-6
These will be led by Ms. Kate Johnson (4th Grade Teacher). Contact Ms. Johnston directly for questions and registration details. Space is limited to 10 students per camp. (Contact info in email) ——————————————————
Get Physical with Mr. Poyer and Get Crafty with Ms. Cameron!
PE Camp – Come spend an active week playing our favorite games, as well as learn some new ones.
Crafty Concoctions Camp – Campers will use science, art and culinary skills to create fun projects.
- June 3 – PTA Virtual Board Meeting – 7:30 p.m.
- June 4 – Materials Collection – Click here for full details
- June 8 – Step Up Day
- June 9 – 5th Grade Kickball Competition – 11:15
- June 10 – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony – 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- June 10 – Last Day of School
Lost & Found: We have a great deal of lost and found items at school. We will be posting some of these items on our instagram page. If you see your child’s items, please let us know so we can return them to you.